Christmas is near?

Well, it seems to be fairly near. I have people constantly asking me what I want for Christmas (I don’t know!), everyone seems to be all set on what they do and today I received the first (fair enough auto generated) ‘Happy holidays’ email.

It’s still 1 1/2 months away… What do they expect? The email to get lost? Or for it to take 1 1/2 months to get to me?

And watching TV earlier on, more than half the ads are Christmas related. Not to mention all the ‘Best of’ albums that are being advertised. This is getting earlier by the year. :(

What are everyones views on Christmas?

1. Posted November 8, 2006 at 8:25 pm | Permalink

Christmas is far too commercialised. All these adverts in your face for toys, pressies, food or whatever. It puts a massive strain on poorer families.

I am glad to say for the 4th year now I am going away for Christmas to the hot sun. :)

2. Posted November 8, 2006 at 8:28 pm | Permalink

AND….. christmas decorations are up in my town already :(

3. Posted November 8, 2006 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I wish I could go to Fuerteventura. ;)

Although I’m quite looking forward to a relaxed and chilled out christmas doing nothing.

I’m just shocked it’s that time again. Seems like the year has only started. :(

4. Posted November 9, 2006 at 12:44 am | Permalink

There has gone way too quickly. My sister has the added downside of being 40 just after christmas. hahah

5. Posted November 9, 2006 at 2:21 am | Permalink

Haha, fair enough.

I can’t wait for christmas itself though. Just to be able to relax. :D

6. Sarah
    Posted November 9, 2006 at 2:30 am | Permalink

Ja, ich freue mich schon auf Weihnachten, aber du hast Recht, es ist viel zuviel Werbung. :(

7. Posted November 9, 2006 at 3:31 am | Permalink

I’m really on the same pages as you..

It’s Christmas already?

No, it’s in 2 months. Then why the feck is everyone acting like it’s tomorrow.

Toysrus’s Big Toy book thing usually comes out at the end of November if i remember but I got it 2 weeks ago this year..

And yes, I am truly amazed it’s November. It has flown. Just yesterday I was asking my mate if he realized the Wii and PS3 are out next week. I didn’t.

8. Posted November 9, 2006 at 3:55 am | Permalink

I know. It’s just crazy.

Talking about the PS3, I only realised that the release is near when I saw the first photos of people that started to camp out.

What is happening to time? It just seems to fly past more and more.

@ Sarah: Ja, ich freue mich auch schon. :) Was machst du denn?

9. Posted November 9, 2006 at 5:16 am | Permalink

People are already starting to camp out.. dear lord are you kidding me?

It’s not for like a week and half!

10. Posted November 9, 2006 at 6:03 am | Permalink

Nope. I was surprised when I saw that. Apparently it’s outside a Best Buy store. Didn’t they cancel all preorders in the last few days?

11. Posted November 9, 2006 at 6:52 am | Permalink

Oh dear.. that is freaking crazy. I would never do that no matter what it was for.

Yes they did, but that’s still no reason to camp out over a week in advance.

12. Posted November 9, 2006 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

Yeah, it is slightly crazy, but if you want something that bad….?

13. Posted November 9, 2006 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

Hahahahaha did you see the picture, a penguin was first in line!

That made me laugh my arse off. I guess they need entertainment if they’re going to be there a week.

But really, what do you do, anything mobile would lose battery in a few hours..

14. Posted November 10, 2006 at 7:28 am | Permalink

Yeah, I know. You’d need someone to constantly bring you food, batteries, etc.

A penguin? I don’t think I saw that!

15. Posted November 10, 2006 at 8:07 am | Permalink

Look at the picture on the blog, you’ll see a plastic penguin in front of the people. :D

16. Posted November 10, 2006 at 8:47 am | Permalink