Things that annoy me about people on internet forums

1. People that don’t bother reading the thread they post in.
  2. People that repeat themselves or ask questions and expect them to be answered within minutes.
  3. People that cannot spell.
  4. People that can’t back up their own arguments.
  5. People that believe everyone just wants to hear a yes/no answer.
  6. People that spam for the sake of spamming.
  7. People that seek arguments for the sake of arguments.
  8. People that think they are better than others.
  9. People that show no respect.
  10. People that believe their opinion is better than anyone else, because they have been on the site the whole total of a week.

Due to repeated spam comments are now closed.

1. Matt

Posted January 17, 2007 at 12:14 am | Permalink | Edit

Out of curiousity, how many of those did Daniel inspire? :P

2. carocat

Posted January 17, 2007 at 12:17 am | Permalink | Edit

Just 2. Point 4 and 5. ;)

3. icedmocha

Posted January 17, 2007 at 2:33 am | Permalink | Edit

That’s a very good list. Forums can be so annoying.

4. zcaliber

Posted January 19, 2007 at 4:31 am | Permalink | Edit

8. People that think they are better than others.

-Guilty.

5. Gradinator

Posted January 20, 2007 at 12:30 am | Permalink | Edit

I’m guilty of some of those.

Thing is I don’t no matter what anyone says I don’t do things on mb360 for the sake of looking dumb. Im just learning how to know as much about gaming as possible, on route agitating people who have various standards of common knowledge that they don’t believe I meet.

Backing up your arguement is hard even when your right due to the experience some people have with arguing.

6. fracas

Posted January 20, 2007 at 9:45 am | Permalink | Edit

Excellent list. I don’t do forums anymore but used to run a couple of rather busy ones myself and I sure agree with those.

7. Knight Rider

Posted January 22, 2007 at 12:30 am | Permalink | Edit

It’s people who, not people that, Cat. Tut tut! I’ll let you off this time.

8. ish

Posted January 25, 2007 at 4:40 pm | Permalink | Edit

I agree with them all but I agree the most with 1,3,6,8,10.

By the way,I’ve made a team blog called “We:The Anti-Socials” and I wanna ask you if you would like to contribute to that too.It’s basically somewhere we share our online experiences and bitc* about certain other things.We can write about anything basically.I love team blogs because it gives me a nice feeling and that’s why I made it.You can check it out Here

9. becky

Posted January 26, 2007 at 10:41 pm | Permalink | Edit

Reminds me of the old “how many forum members does it take to change a lightbulb?”

Read about it here

Its very funny, very true and echoes what you say :)

10. Tim Miller

Posted February 14, 2007 at 6:08 pm | Permalink | Edit

I only read the first few words but I can’t agree with number 1. I’m not sure what it says though so I can’t elaborate.

11. Cat

Posted March 22, 2007 at 10:46 pm | Permalink | Edit

Funny how many peple replied to this that I know from several forums….

Becky: I’ll reuse your link in a post in a few days. :)

2 Trackbacks

1. By Internet forums Part 2. « Cat’s blog on March 22, 2007 at 10:59 pm | Edit

[…] forums Part 2. 22 03 2007 In an earlier post I made I stated several things that annoyed me about people on internet forums. Becky commented and gave me a link to this and I thought it was so brilliant that I’d share […]

2. By Forums, good or bad? « Cat’s blog on April 22, 2007 at 3:56 am | Edit

[…] meaning of forums and what comes with it. Some may also remember my previous posts about forums: “10 Things that annoy me about people on internet forums” and “How many forum members does it takes to change a light […]

1. Posted January 17, 2007 at 12:14 am | Permalink

Out of curiousity, how many of those did Daniel inspire? :P

2. Posted January 17, 2007 at 12:17 am | Permalink

Just 2. Point 4 and 5. ;)

3. Posted January 17, 2007 at 2:33 am | Permalink

That’s a very good list. Forums can be so annoying.

4. zcaliber
    Posted January 19, 2007 at 4:31 am | Permalink

8. People that think they are better than others.

-Guilty.

5. Gradinator
    Posted January 20, 2007 at 12:30 am | Permalink

I’m guilty of some of those.

6. Posted January 20, 2007 at 9:45 am | Permalink

7. Knight Rider
    Posted January 22, 2007 at 12:30 am | Permalink

It’s people who, not people that, Cat. Tut tut! I’ll let you off this time.

8. Posted January 25, 2007 at 4:40 pm | Permalink

I agree with them all but I agree the most with 1,3,6,8,10.

9. Posted January 26, 2007 at 10:41 pm | Permalink

Read about it here

Its very funny, very true and echoes what you say :)

10. Posted February 14, 2007 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

11. Posted March 22, 2007 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

Funny how many peple replied to this that I know from several forums….

Becky: I’ll reuse your link in a post in a few days. :)

12. Apomabeipiemy
    Posted October 18, 2007 at 8:49 am | Permalink

I’m always interested in any new really really good books. I haven’t really come across any recently. Do any of you know of any?
    I also read that this month a book called Nixon and Mao was going to be released, but I don’t know much about it. I also heard that The Bounty Hunter will be released soon.

13. mouttiste
    Posted October 29, 2007 at 4:25 pm | Permalink

Hello!
    How are you?

2 Trackbacks

1. By Internet forums Part 2. « Cat’s blog on March 22, 2007 at 10:59 pm

[...] forums Part 2. 22 03 2007 In an earlier post I made I stated several things that annoyed me about people on internet forums. Becky commented and gave me a link to this and I thought it was so brilliant that I’d share [...]

2. By Forums, good or bad? « Cat’s blog on April 22, 2007 at 3:56 am

[...] meaning of forums and what comes with it. Some may also remember my previous posts about forums: “10 Things that annoy me about people on internet forums” and “How many forum members does it takes to change a light [...]