“Does Harry Potter die in the Order of the the Phoenix?”

I find it very interesting what people are searching for to reach this blog and I reall have had the most random stuff. Lately most of my traffic seems to be coming from people searching for David and Victoria Beckham and the term Size Zero which is obviously related to my Size Zero post. What is even more interesting is that I didn’t actually mention either of the Beckhams in the main post, it just came up in the comments.

As for all you 35 [!] people that have asked the question “Does Harry Potter die in the Order of the the Phoenix?” [some with horrendous spelling mistakes], I am not too sure whether or not I should give you the answer. Maybe you should read the book or wait for the film to come out?! But, I think I am in a good mood today.

No, Harry Potter does not die in the Order of the Phoenix.

As for the 16 people asking for the story of ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’, here it is. Anyone who doesn’t want to know the story, do not continue reading. You have been warned!

Harry Potter is a wizard and goes to a wizarding school called Hogwarts where he has many friends and several enemies. He is an orphan who’s parents were killed by an evil wizard named Voldemort when he was a baby. Lord Voldemort has now returned from exile and with him the dark side, conspiracies, fears and secret organisations, such as ‘The Order of the Phoenix’ [a group of wizards to fight against evil] and ‘Dumbledores Army [a group created by Harry and his friends to train the other students in the Defence against the Dark Arts].

The story escalates when Harrys enemies let him believe that his godfather Sirius Black is being tortured in the ministry of Magic. Harry and his friends come to his rescue and later on receive back up from the ‘Order of the Phoenix’. In the ensuing fight and chase Sirius dies and a prophecy regarding Voldemort and Harry is revealed: “Either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives.”

That’s about the easiest a 600 page book can be combined. Better read it yourself. :P

There have also been several stories lately that Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint were not going to continue acting in the following Harry Potter films. That was wrong and they have now signed the contracts:

Despite recent rumours from a doomsayer tabloid rag, the three leads in the Harry Potter movies have signed on dotted lines to stay a part of the franchise to the end. Which is nice. Personally we think it would have been cooler if they all cut their thumbs and spat in their hands and shook on it, but hey – at least we get to see our favourite teen spell-casters see things through.

They signed contracts yesterday that would mean them being a big part of Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince and Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. It’s only to be assumed at this stage that all of the supporting cast will also be returned as and when required.

Great news, any other actors would have ruined it for me.

1. Posted March 28, 2007 at 4:27 pm | Permalink

I thought I read the book and he doesn’t die does he? Only Sirius does.The movie can’t deviate from the book at all and if it does,I’d call it a disaster.It sure can deviate after the book series finishes and they want to carry it forward through the movie series.

2. Posted March 28, 2007 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

No, he doesn’t die, just the prophecy is referring to how either him and Voldemort have to die at some point. That is in conjunction with another prophecy regarding Neville at the end of the next book I believe, although I’m not 100% on this.

It is my plan to read all Harry Potter books in order again over the next few weeks and then again when the film/book come out. The amount of times I’ve read the first few books, it’s getting ridiculous. :D

3. Posted March 28, 2007 at 7:26 pm | Permalink

I’ve read the Goblet like 6 times now and I totally love it.I don’t fancy Order and half Blood prince much because I don’t like it when people die.

4. Posted March 28, 2007 at 9:13 pm | Permalink

I think the books have been getting real good from the Goblet of Fire onwards with the Order of the Phoenix being my favourite one. The Half Blood Prince is close second though. I like those books, as they have more of a story and just so much more thought out background.

I hope the last book won’t disappoint.

5. Ashish C.
    Posted March 29, 2007 at 8:18 am | Permalink

I like Order and Prince just like Cat. Btw, there’s no prophecy about Neville at the end of Book 6. The original prophecy could have referred to either Harry or Neville but Voldy chose Harry. [Otherwise it would have been Neville Longbottom and the Shortbottom of Voldemort or something! :lol: ]

You won’t believe what people search to get to my blog – worlds biggest head! lol! Now when did I write that?!!!

6. Posted March 29, 2007 at 9:40 am | Permalink

LOL!

7. Posted March 29, 2007 at 12:49 pm | Permalink

Worlds biggest head? Haha.

There is something related to Neville. I thought that there was still a chance that there could be more suddounding Neville, but it has been ages since I last read it, so….

8. Posted May 17, 2007 at 1:11 pm | Permalink

Finger crossed, Harry will survive :)

9. doc
    Posted July 5, 2007 at 4:06 am | Permalink

I think he will not die because what will it be in Harry Potter 6 Ron and Hermone. It is not Harry Potter without Harry

10. doc
    Posted July 5, 2007 at 4:07 am | Permalink

I think he will not die because what will it be in Harry Potter 6 only Ron and Hermone. It is not Harry Potter without Harry

11. KIM
    Posted July 16, 2007 at 3:07 am | Permalink

I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD GO ON FOREVER….MAKE HARRY THE HEAD MASTER…..WONT HURT MY FEELINGS I LOVE THEM ALL…

12. rose
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 4:08 am | Permalink

Harry does not die…nuff said!

13. rose
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 4:08 am | Permalink

Harry does not die…’nuff said!

14. Sonja
    Posted July 21, 2007 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

What happens at the end? On the last page?

15. Gretchen
    Posted July 22, 2007 at 4:37 am | Permalink

you said some e-mailed you with misspellings — in this sentence of your blog, “He is an orphan who’s parents were killed” who’s should whose.

16. Rob
    Posted July 24, 2007 at 10:31 pm | Permalink

Arright, well…first off I have to say I’m not a huge fan of Harry Potter (please…guys…put the cross down…i think youre over reacting just a little..) but I’ve got an immense amount of respect for what ROwling has done with the story and for the entire Fantasy Genre (read: movies like Pan’s Labryinth or other such fantasy fare wouldve never made it here without the explosion in popularity of the genre ,an explosion that was created in part by Rowling). BUT….who said a happy ending would be cliche? do you read? anything? ever? have you read a single story or watched any movies in the last 10 years? in almost every one one of the main characters bites it. Why? because 10 years ago happy endings were cliche and it was f***ing EDGY to kill main characters (sort of…I guess..). I’d say that situation has pretty much flip flopped. Nothing has a happy ending anymore (yea yea..i know some things do..that right there is called hyperbole friends) . Look at the world we live in…not so happy…not so wonderful. Sometimes people need a happy ending. No…scratch that. Everyone deserves a happy ending especially children. We all get jaded as we get older, why should we do that to our kids as soon as we can? And besides this isnt a childrens book, it wouldnt be what it is if it was just for kids, and I really think the adults of this world need a happy ending. Why? FOr no other reason than to be reminded that sometimes, every now and then, good can beat evil, the heroes do win, and everyone does live happily ever after. So maybe it’s not all that common….but if its not possible…well then people….what the hell are we all living for?

17. the doctor
    Posted July 30, 2007 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

you are all really really sad get a life

18. Posted July 31, 2007 at 7:45 pm | Permalink

Well obviously no one has read HP 5 or seen the movie so everyone can stop asking questions because he does NOT die in the 5th book or movie NOR in the 7th. Come on people! READ!!!!!!!!

19. sam
    Posted August 27, 2007 at 12:30 am | Permalink

Thank for telling us about this it saves me reading yey another potter book

20. mari
    Posted September 15, 2007 at 5:53 pm | Permalink

of corse his goona die…ma boyfriend is gonna live with me forever.lol

21. Aqua
    Posted May 24, 2008 at 5:08 am | Permalink

pf course hes not dying!! and i dont like the actor harry potter. it looks like he eats a bunch of sugar and forgets that he plays harry potter. his clothes always look weird on him.

22. Posted October 12, 2008 at 3:44 pm | Permalink

I like fuck of like harry fuck of

23. Posted October 18, 2008 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Do you?

24. Posted January 28, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

does harry die in the seventh book?

25. Posted February 16, 2009 at 10:23 pm | Permalink

Yes. And no. He comes back to life.

26. Posted November 13, 2013 at 8:20 am | Permalink

wonderful points altogether, you just gained a brand new reader.

What might you suggest about your put up that you just made a few days
    ago? Any sure?

27. Posted May 31, 2014 at 3:46 am | Permalink

What’s up colleagues, its fantastic post concerning educationand fully defined, keep it up all the time.

28. Posted July 15, 2014 at 11:07 am | Permalink

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts in this sort of house .
    Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.

Reading this information So i’m satisfied to express that I have a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what
    I needed. I so much indubitably will make certain to don?t omit this web site and give it a look
    on a continuing basis.

29. Posted October 6, 2014 at 1:01 am | Permalink

‘ Last Pass: Those who have already used this app may get pleased to know that its
    official app is now available for i – Pad as well as for i –
    Phone. Click Sniff >>Unified Sniffing and enter the network interface you want to
    use. Other stuff that will be discussed will be: Guest accounts, Administrative accounts, and User accounts.