Mass Effect – Six days to go..

It’s all over now, I am now completely in Mass Effect mode and cannot wait for it to come out, as I’ve mentioned before. Sadly it doesn’t seem like I’ll be able to secure an early copy, so I’ll have to wait another six days..

The story revolves around an ancient alien prophecy stating that every 50,000 years a portal opens that separates the “normal” universe and a realm beyond, releasing an ancient artificial intelligence that will harvest all organic life, and the time of their return is approaching. As the first human Spectre—sworn defenders of galactic peace—Shepard’s mission is to halt the advancing armies of Saren, a legendary Spectre agent gone rogue. Saren has mysteriously taken control of the Geth, a race of rudimentary A.I. networks, whom he intends to use to shape the galaxy in his image, and to exact revenge against humanity for their perceived injustices against his people.

Wikipedia

In the meantime I think I’ll read the Mass Effect book again which is the prequel to the game.

1. Posted November 17, 2007 at 7:35 am | Permalink

Sounds a bit like the Warcraft back story with portals and all.

A game in my honour!! Pity they had to change the name though. :P

2. Posted November 17, 2007 at 7:44 am | Permalink

WoW is a completely different type of game…

3. Posted November 17, 2007 at 8:14 am | Permalink

Not WoW, but Warcraft1/2/3 and I didn’t mean the gameplay. I meant the story. The orcs apparently came through a portal into the main warcraft world, forgot the name.

4. Posted November 17, 2007 at 2:22 pm | Permalink

I didn’t even know there was a book, let alone that it was a prequel… Cat, your enthusiasm is getting me all pumped up for this game too!

5. Posted November 17, 2007 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Yeah, there is a book, Mass Effect Revelation which is written by the lead writer Drew Karpyshyn who also was the writer on the KotOR games.

And trust me, I’ve been talking about nothing else for weeks!

6. Posted November 19, 2007 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

yeah six daya and I have no xbox boohooo

7. Posted November 19, 2007 at 8:55 pm | Permalink

That must be sooo frustrating, I can’t even begin to imagine..

Any news on when you’ll get it back yet?

One Trackback