8 1/2 months later…

It’s been a while since I last talked about my cats and it’s about time to update some of the pictures and show just how much they’ve grown.

They were born on the 17th of March 2007 and whilst I originally planned giving most of them away, it didn’t quite work out and they are still all with me and still gorgeous.

Phoebe. The mum. Contrary to popular belief, she does have two ears, but she doesn’t like having pictures taken of herself, so I had to make do with what I got. She is now just under 2 1/2 years old and still as thin as day one.

Sam, Sammy, Big Boy. He is the only boy and boy is he getting big. He is bigger and stronger than mum now. But she still has the upper hand! He is also incredibly jealous. If one of the others is sleeping on my lap or next to me, he has to come along and want attention.

Alex, Alexy, Lexy. She is an odd one. The first months of her life she showed almost no interest in exploring or playing. She spent day and night just sleeping. In recent months, however, she has improved, she runs around the house, plays with others and loves getting attention.

Dannie. With Dannie I always had the impression she doesn’t like me. She was doing a bit poorly just over a month ago after she had eaten something wrong and in that time we bonded and she now comes to me for attention and loves it. She always has this weird look though, like she’s scared of something..

Billie, Fluffy Bunny, Missy. Since day one she was the troublemaker out of all of them. She climbs everywhere, is the drivingforce of ‘Kittens vs my cables’ and hardly stays at one place for long. She is also the smallest one.

That is them, sorted by size [well, the kittens are]. Sam is almost twice as big as Billie..

1. Posted December 3, 2007 at 10:26 am | Permalink

i think alexy is very photogenic for a cat. ;) the eyes, the gaze!

2. Posted December 3, 2007 at 3:55 pm | Permalink

Kittehs! I love Kittehs! :) Lovely kitteh’s you have Cat! :D

3. Posted December 3, 2007 at 5:04 pm | Permalink

You think, sulz? I think Billie has much more going for her.

Thank you! :)

Btw, as I’m writing this I’ve got all of them lying on my feet in a bundle sleeping and purring. Heaven!

4. Posted December 3, 2007 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Aww, I love them! Those really are adorable photos!

(Is it unmanly of me to talk like this?)

Posted December 3, 2007 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

One word only for that: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Wait another couple of words: They are absolutely adorable and gorgeous!

6. Posted December 4, 2007 at 6:07 am | Permalink

Yeah, that is rather unmanly, sorry!

And thank you. I keep thinking and being told I can’t have five cats and it’s crazy, but if I’d have to given even one away I’d miss it so much. They all have different personalities and behaviour.

Posted December 4, 2007 at 7:35 am | Permalink

It’s like having children I’m guessing then..

8. Posted December 4, 2007 at 7:38 am | Permalink

Hi there Phoebe! :P

9. Posted December 4, 2007 at 8:00 am | Permalink

Meh. I’ve never been particularly manly in the first place! :) Anyway, maybe these cats are just that adorable. Seriously, I reckon even the most avid cat hater would struggle to find anything bad to say about these, and I really like cats.

By the way, is Billie annoyed in that photo? Her eyes are narrowed like she’s mad about something!

10. Posted December 4, 2007 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

It is like having kids.. I was talking to my friend the other day who has a 1 1/2 year old boy and we compared the hard work and how annoying they can be. She obviously has so much more than me, but nevertheless.

I’m going to remember that quote, Bobby. ;)

And yeah, Billie always looks like that. She is the smallest but makes that up up cuteness and diva behaviour!

By the way, there are loads more photos on my facebook account. It doesn;t let me on at the moment though..

11. Posted May 25, 2008 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

I’m happy to see ur blog. I love cats!! I had one for 4 yrs then he passed away. I got him when another family had abandoned him. Coming back to ur post one thing I cant figure out is that u have described 5 cats but there r pics of only 4??

Reading about their different natures makes me really think there may some truth in the belief that animals also have sun signs and nature traits according to that.