How fast do you type?

Guess that's not very fast...

You type 251 characters per minute.
You have 43 correct words and you have 3 wrong words.

The result kinda surprised me. I did expect to score better than that, but I do know that my typing isn’t that great, especially as I tend to look at the keys very much.

I decided to also do the first lesson and got frustrated halfway through. I know being right handed my left hand is weak and no where near as useful as my right hand, but I didn’t realise how many problems I’ve got with the left ring finger. Typing words such as ‘fad’, ‘sad’, ‘lass’ not only required a lot of thinking, but I also made many mistakes. I’ll definitely try it a bit more though and see if it improves somehow.

The site is bizarrely partially in German or maybe it took something from a German site I was just reading before that, but the speedtest is in English.

How many words do you type a minute? Check here.

1. Posted January 9, 2008 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

You type 366 characters per minute
    You have 70 correct words and
    you have 1 wrong words

I got 70 words a minute, which is what I expected since I haven’t even warmed up today. If I had been typing more today, it would’ve been higher.

The one wrong word was a fluke. I hit the spacebar while typing “now”, so it ended up submitting it as “no”.

Posted January 9, 2008 at 4:50 pm | Permalink

I got 71 but again like Abby. Did this just after coming in from the cold so fingers still slightly stiff and not connecting brain with words.

3. Posted January 9, 2008 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Well, I’m only just over 100 characters off of you guys! Got loads to improve then..

4. Posted January 9, 2008 at 6:36 pm | Permalink

210 characters per minute, 38 correct words and 0 wrong words.

I clearly don’t type enough. It was interesting to try, though!

5. Posted January 9, 2008 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

I updated my blog entry to include Samantha’s results. She did it three times and got the following Words Per Minute: 111, 103, and 110.

She definitely chats on AOL too much. Since she doesn’t work, that’s pretty much all she does.

6. Posted January 9, 2008 at 7:56 pm | Permalink

Someone actually did worse than me!! [Sorry, Bobby]

And I spend all day on IM, yet my typing isn’t that great.

This whole thing very much reminds me of:

The USB Hamster Wheel is an utter delight. Plug it into your USB port, load the software from the CD provided and get typing. As you type, the hamster gets running, spinning the hamster wheel around in the process – the faster you type, the faster he runs. This demented rodent sent shrieks of laughter around the office when we tested it, and is the ultimate parody of modern society.

I want one of those!

7. expressvideos
    Posted January 9, 2008 at 9:54 pm | Permalink

I typed 47 words per minute with no wrong words. However I did make some mistakes and deleted them and typed again before getting to next word, so it didnt register them as fails.

8. Posted January 9, 2008 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

I got 71 words per minute. :) Cat, you need to buck up!

9. Posted January 10, 2008 at 2:49 am | Permalink

77 words. thanks for my piano-playing days. :P

10. Posted January 10, 2008 at 6:02 am | Permalink

Becky: I had that as well which is why mine was a bit slower.

So 70 ish is my target then! I’ve decided to doat least one of their really boring lessons a day. Watch this space.

11. Posted January 10, 2008 at 7:29 am | Permalink

Gee, and I thought I used to type really fast. I got a 48 when I did it the first time and 60 when I did it the second time. I don’t have any excuses though, maybe I’m just not fast enough.

12. Posted January 10, 2008 at 7:42 am | Permalink

It’s just impressive how much time I could save typing properly! Maybe you should do the lessons on there as well.

13. Posted January 10, 2008 at 10:27 am | Permalink

Okay, I’ll try to take those lessons.

14. Posted January 10, 2008 at 10:31 am | Permalink

They’re quite boring though, so don’t come blaming me for it!

15. dmosbon
    Posted January 10, 2008 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Too embarrassed to comment further!

16. Posted January 10, 2008 at 11:35 am | Permalink

You’re not getting away with it that easily! Come on,spill it!

17. Posted January 10, 2008 at 11:51 am | Permalink

I did it again Cat, that was me posting as expressvideos. The only problem with sorting out blogs for other people on wordpress is they take over your logins. lol

18. Posted January 10, 2008 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I noticed the email address! :)

19. Posted January 10, 2008 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

i guess i too lag behing most of the people here ..
    got 46 words per minute with i wrong word :)

20. Posted January 10, 2008 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

Ah, maybe you should do the lessons too! It can only get better.

21. killarapp
    Posted January 10, 2008 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

wow, i spell words without looking, i had no idea i did that

22. Posted January 10, 2008 at 9:35 pm | Permalink

Well, how many words did you get?!

23. bs angel
    Posted January 12, 2008 at 12:39 am | Permalink

I just did this at Act of War so apparently that was my warm-up as I got 9 more words a minute here than I did there. Yay! You’re my good luck charm Cat. :)

24. Posted January 12, 2008 at 12:59 am | Permalink

Glad I could help! :)

25. bs angel
    Posted January 12, 2008 at 4:39 am | Permalink

Yes, now if you could just follow me everywhere I go, that would fabulous. Thanks. :)

26. Posted January 12, 2008 at 9:51 am | Permalink

I’ll try my best!

27. Posted January 14, 2008 at 4:00 pm | Permalink

68 words here apparently…

28. Posted January 14, 2008 at 8:49 pm | Permalink

See, I’ve been meaning to do the lessons daily, but considering how boring the first one was I haven’t bothered yet…

29. Posted January 28, 2008 at 6:44 pm | Permalink

These are my results:

You type 369 characters per minute
    You have 67 correct words and
    you have 3 wrong words

Let’s see if I improve these numbers later….

30. Posted February 4, 2008 at 8:36 am | Permalink

You reached 109 points, so you achieved position 339050 of 392255 on the ranking list

You type 178 characters per minute
    You have 28 correct words and
    you have 1 wrong words

31. Posted February 7, 2008 at 2:25 am | Permalink

Hmmm, only 50 words a minute. Guess we’re just average eh Cat?

32. Posted September 24, 2014 at 4:19 am | Permalink

I go to see everyday some sites and websites to read
    posts, however this webpage provides feature based posts.

2 Trackbacks

1. By How fast do you type? « Random Ramblings on January 9, 2008 at 4:08 pm

[...] found the test via carocat’s blog. This entry was written by abbydonkrafts and posted on January 9, 2008 at 11:06 am and filed [...]

2. By Typy Testy | Act of War: Warfare Re-defined on January 10, 2008 at 9:13 am

[...] from Cat.[...]