Tumblr is simple, easy and posting something is just so quick partially due to the quick dashboard and limited, but sufficient formatting options. Making a post here on wordpress.com seems long, complicated and slow in comparison, but there are more options and I can create pages and customise far, far more.
And there are other differences too, for example tumblr barely has comments or commenters. Infact, the option isn’t even there by default and it has to be added via services such as Haloscan, Intense Debate or Disqus. However, people reblog posts a lot which is probably as it’s made so easy with the software. It does sometimes make me wonder if people just reblog for the sake of reblogging, but that’s a whole different story.
One thing I like about the lack of comments is that there are also less or practically no spambots posting comments about porn or drugs/medicine which I find on a daily basis here. For example these are today’s comments about drugs caught in Akismet:
- Adipex – Appetite surpressant to help dieting.
- Carisoprodol – Muscle relaxant.
- Cialis – Against impotence.
- Codeine – An opiate.
- Cyclobenzaprine – Muscle relaxant.
- Effexor – Antidepressant.
- Fioricet – Painkiller particularly for headaches.
- Flexeril – Muscle relaxant.
- Paxil – Antidepressant.
- Propecia – Against male problems such as prostate cancer, hairloss, etc.
- Ritalin – Against ADD.
- Tadalafil – Against impotence.
- Tenuate – Appetite surpressant to help dieting.
- Tramadol – Painkiller for intense pain.
- Valium – It just does everything..
- Valtrex – Against herpes.
- Vicodin – A paracetamol.
- Wellbutrin – It does loads including antidepressant.
- Xanax – Against anxiety, panic attacks.
- Zanaflex – Muscle relaxant.
- Zovirax – Against herpes.
Do people actually buy these off the internet? Seriously?