Dark Lake theme, NaNoWriMo and more..

Considering it has been over ten months since the last theme change it was about time it happened, so goodbye Diurnal and hello Dark Lake.

Diurnal is an amazing theme, great colours, layout and the change of the colourscheme according to the time of the day is ingenious. However, considering how it’s now October and winter is most definitely coming it was about time to change it.

Dark Lake by Juan aka Devblog is a dark theme which makes this the first time I’m using a dark theme on this blog. An incomplete history of all themes I’ve used so far can be found here. One of the main things I like about this theme is the display of comments as speech bubbles.

If there’s any broken stuff or things I need to fix, please let me know. So far I’ve noticed some images don’t like to have text wrapped around them, but I’m not too sure why. Yet!

And I’ve also updated my ‘About page‘ which I appear to do on a yearly basis and a list of places I can be found at on the internet. I am also currently working on modifying and extending the pages found within the games section.

I am planning to take part in this year’s NaNoWriMo and will write it on the internet. I’ve created another blog for that for which I will post the link closer to when it starts in November. What is NaNoWriMo?

National Novel Writing Month (also known as NaNoWriMo) is a creative writing project originating in the United States in which each participant attempts to write a 50,000 word novel in a single month. Despite the name, the project is now international in scope. 101,767 writers participated in 2007, with 15,335 reported winners, for a cumulative word total of 1,187,931,929 words.

Want to join me? I’m carocat on the website and I’ll be twittering about it as well.

And it’s October or as it’s also known as: “National Breast Cancer Awareness Month“. I’m planning to do something over on cat on tumblr, but I’m not sure what yet. Maybe something along the lines of taking one pink image a day. Think Pink!

1. Ashish
    Posted October 2, 2008 at 10:04 am | Permalink

A friend of mine takes part in Nanowrimo every year and he posts his novel on his blog. Now I have two people who are writing novels! Yay! :P

IMHO you should also have participated in NaBloPoMo. :D

2. Ashish
    Posted October 2, 2008 at 10:05 am | Permalink

Btw, Theme’s looking kewl! :D

3. Teck
    Posted October 2, 2008 at 10:32 am | Permalink

Very nice theme I like it I’m usually not a
    fan of dark themes because it makes it harder
    to read the article but this theme doesn’t
    create that problem. :)

4. Posted October 2, 2008 at 11:29 am | Permalink

Well, technically I fulfill NaBloPoMo every day over on my tumblr blog.. ;) And thanks.

Teck: I’m like that which is why I’ve never had a dark theme, but it’s so easy reading this one.

Look at the speech bubbles!!

5. Posted October 3, 2008 at 7:35 pm | Permalink

Long time no see! The blog looks fabulous – Juan is amazing, isn’t he? I agree with Teck, it’s easy to read.

Welcome back!

6. Posted October 4, 2008 at 3:57 am | Permalink

Indeed, I do seem to get distracted easily and then end up not blogging.

Thanks for the welcome back and well, Juan is brilliant, isn’t he?

4 Trackbacks

1. By Pages updated « carocat.co.uk on October 3, 2008 at 10:58 am

[...] carocat.co.uk IRREGULAR updates at best. Skip to content About meAboutDesign history of carocat.co.ukAbout 2LinksContactComment PolicyArchivesGamesConsole SalesXbox360 XBLA GamesMy Halo 3Xbox360 GamesXbox GamesNintendoDS GamesPSP GamesFavourite Xbox games « Dark Lake theme, NaNoWriMo and more.. [...]

2. By I am Sulz! « carocat.co.uk on October 4, 2008 at 9:56 am

[...] shouldn’t that be my blog as I’m her? Turns out her and Juan [you know, the guy who did this amazing theme] had a project that involved quizzes to determine our split personalities on the [...]

3. By On my English.. « carocat.co.uk on October 7, 2008 at 8:02 pm

[...] my English.. As I mentioned recently I am intending to take part in this year’s NaNoWriMo which is something I had been meaning to do for a few years, but always lost interest even before [...]

4. By New look, again. « carocat.co.uk on April 27, 2009 at 3:02 pm

[...] New look, again. It’s that time of year again where I feel that it’s time for a new blog theme, after all the last change was in October! [...]