How to: The BIG Twitter related link post!

It’s no secret to anyone that I love and use Twitter a lot. Some even say I abuse it, but that’s a whole different story! This post is a link post with ideas for applications, integrations, my guides and posts related to Twitter and a long list of people or sites everyone on Twitter should probably follow to.

Of course this list doesn’t mention the other brilliant people I follow on Twitter, including @cory_grimes, @CooperHawkes, @elibrody, @akaSylvia, @nomadikkitty, @raincoaster, @ruhi, @geekwrestler and many, many more!

………

Guides and reasons for using Twitter written by me:
Twitter revisited
Why you should give Twitter a try
How to: The Beginners Guide to Twitter

Applications I recommend:
Spaz
m.slanrd.net [also brilliant via phone when mobile]

Sites that offer great Twitter integration:
Tweetstats

Stargate Worlds, all about the Stargate MMO
SWTOR, all about the Star Wars MMO

Community sites:
PSU.com
PSHomecentral
Gamer Contests
FrugalGaming[Great gaming bargains for people in the UK]
[From the MTV gaming blog]
GamerscoreBlog
Cheap deals for US gamers
360sync
PS3 Evolved
Raptr, gaming stats and friends site
AddictedGamer, gaming site

………

TV shows:
TheBluths, all about Arrested Development
DrHorrible news

………

Gimmicks:
The Large Hadron Collider!
The tower bridge

NaNoWriMo updates

………

Me:
carocat, my main account
insomnicat, my link account

1. Posted December 14, 2008 at 11:17 pm | Permalink

goodness, you may as well start a twitter directory at tumblr or a new twitter account. :lol: i like the one where ‘god’ twitters, which i found through raincoaster’s twit, naturally.

2. Posted December 14, 2008 at 11:37 pm | Permalink

Hehe, I do mention Twitter a bit too much. I think five people only signed up so I’d shut up about it!

And yeah, I followed those a while, but now that I follow over 300 people I’ve moved to more real people instead. :)

Not to say God isn’t real, this isn’t meant to spark a religious debate!

3. Posted December 15, 2008 at 2:59 am | Permalink

regardless of the concept of god’s existence, i think it’s very highly unlikely he’d be twittering. ;)

4. Posted December 15, 2008 at 3:10 am | Permalink

Who knows of the ways God works.. ;)

5. Posted December 15, 2008 at 3:55 am | Permalink

Great post Cat! (and thank you for mentioning me ;)

Not sure if you know about Shekhar Kapoor (director of the movie Elizabeth)- he’s on Twitter too. And of course, we have @fakejohnmccain and @fakesarahpalin who provided excellent comic relief during US Presidential elections ;)

I’m growing fond of Twitter day by day. In fact, I keep reading Tweets using Twitterfox at work. Your tweets keep me highly entertained. And yeah, that’s a compliment.

6. Posted December 15, 2008 at 4:12 am | Permalink

You’re very welcome. :)

Nope, I didn’t know he was, but then again I didn’t know who he was either even though Elisabeth counts as one of my favourite films!

I’m glad you like Twitter, it makes me feel better for constantly badgering you and others, like @sparc.

As for my tweets being entertaining, well, let’s just leave it at that! Haha!

7. Posted December 23, 2008 at 9:24 pm | Permalink

Fun. I did something similar here: http://www.gamecouch.com/2008/12/people-to-follow-on-twitter/

8. Posted January 2, 2009 at 11:09 am | Permalink

Wow, you’ve posted a lot about Twitter! I should probably give it a try.

Happy New Year!!

9. Posted January 2, 2009 at 11:44 am | Permalink

oh, do, bobby. twitter is growing on me. :)

10. Posted January 2, 2009 at 11:59 am | Permalink

You’ve joined Twitter! Awesome! :D

I do recommend downloading the Spaz application I linked to as it’s much better than the web interface. :)

11. Posted January 4, 2009 at 12:43 am | Permalink

John Cleese and a Hadron Collider

Cosmic!!! Thanks :)

*wanders off to investigate Spaz*

12. Posted January 4, 2009 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

Great to see you’re on Twitter! :)

13. Posted January 4, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

Hi Cat,

You never cease to amaze me with these awesome and in depth posts of yours and I’m sure to make use of this one for sure. I’m socialaphobic you know so I joined Twitter and resuscitated my old Facebook in an effort to further myself blah, blah, blah, blah….

Either way, I still can’t make heads or tails as to how either one works, especially Twitter, so I’ve set myself out to learn even if it fills my life with misery and woe. Thanks to you, the learning process will be that much easier.

14. Posted January 4, 2009 at 6:52 pm | Permalink

Did you take a look at my beginner’s guide? http://carocat.co.uk/2008/04/02/how-to-the-beginners-guide-to-twitter-part-1-the-basics/

Or Twitter itself: http://help.twitter.com/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=1

And what’s your Twitter account name? :)

15. Posted January 4, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

I haven’t had the chance to look at anything yet since my wife and I spent the day taking pictures of her latest quilts (need to get them online) but I definitely intend to.

And my Twitter moniker is kmb42vt. Can’t say that I’ve been updating much but I’ll try and do better…I promise…okay…I don’t promise but I’ll try anyway. :D

16. Posted January 4, 2009 at 10:42 pm | Permalink

You’ve had a Twitter account since beginning of December and never told me?! I’m disappointed! If you have any Twitter questions, feel free to ask!

And sounds like you had a busy day!

17. Posted January 28, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Permalink

Twitter does seem to be getting a lot more popular these days. I don’t really see the point of it myself. It is interesting to see how you are using though.

18. Posted February 16, 2009 at 10:24 pm | Permalink

Well, you know, there’s something in it for everyone. Just give it a try. :)

19. Posted April 9, 2009 at 3:51 am | Permalink

jghkhjljh;lng a lot more popular these days. I don’t really see the point of it myself. It is interesting to see how you are using though.

One Trackback