It’s Friday, everyone is looking forward to the weekend which means it’s time for another TwitLight! Today it’s all about @sedington86! I have to admit I promised him to be on TwitLight for Monday already, but completely forgot and chose someone else instead. Nevertheless, I hope you can forgive me, @sedington86!
Now when I mentioned to him that he’ll be selected for Friday he mentioned he’d go into hiding once it’s up, so I think you guys should leave comments for him to get him out of there again!
I’ve been following him on Twitter for a long time, I think it’s well over a year now and I remember agreeing with him a lot, probably because he’s an awesome guy all around. And he likes MacGyver! And has an awesome haircut!!
Meet one of the awesomest people around, @sedington86!!
1. Where are you from?
I hail from The western of of the state of Montana in the U.S.A. More specifically, Bozeman or Ronan, depending on the time of year.
2. How old are you?
3. What do you do for a living?
Student, Construction, and Writer for a gaming site. Kind of all over the place I know… My strangest and awesomest job was commercial fishing in Alaska… you know the kind where you spend 3 weeks straight out as sea…
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Well, the sedington is pretty simple. s(hane) Edington, which is my name. The 86 has to do with the term 86′d. Look it up :P. Good excuse to go waste some time on Wikipedia.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
Well, as a child I wanted to be everything from a chef to an American Football player, but now it’s more along the lines of Small business owner, engineer, or maybe chef (one dream still lives!).
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
That would be the one I’m listenting to and right now it is Layla by Eric Clapton as I listen to his Unplugged album.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Yes, sedington86 as always.. although I think my use on there has been lacking as of late. Not that I don’t listen to music a lot, just been doing a lot of reinstalls and new installs so a lot of the other programs I normally use aren’t getting used much.
I also cleared the history as I started playing music and left without turning it off. Normally not a problem but I had put something in the search bar so the music it was playing mostly really didn’t match well and played a small selection of songs way too much….
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
I’ll give you two, Campaign for Liberty and a book.. I did just finish The Screwtape Letters.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
Of course I play video games! As of late I’ve been mostly been playing Resident Evil 5, Peggle, and my usual staple of Rock Band 2. RE5 has been a lot better than I thought it would be from a lot of the negative things I heard, Peggle is so addictive it’s scary, and Rock Band is never far away from being back in my disc tray.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Well, a few days ago it was about 50 F as a high, 30 for a low, and today it was 15 F for a low and blizzarding, and 30 for a high… Yay for crazy weather.
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Work on a few personal projects, find something decent to eat, work on RE5 on Professional, keep a constant eye on twitter, aaaand hang with the little lady for a few.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
MacGyver of course! Who doesn’t want to save everyone using a rubber band, a boot, and a paper clip!
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
No. 1… I’d have to get an awesome Riker beard going though….
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Well, I get up and get going just fine, but I know what thats like with a father ten times worse so I’d be just fine… as long as you didn’t do something to deserve a little annoyance :P.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
Ted. Some interesting talks in there.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
Let me think here, almost two years I think, and I truly got sucked in fall 07 when I started following and communicating with people more. It was also the same time I started doing video game blogging and I think that had a large part in that.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
Why not both, have a desktop here running windows, and a Macbook Air dual booting into osx and windows 7.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Ice cream if I have to choose between the two.. but pie is best.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am worn out and I need a break to come my way, but I’m doing alright, because there is definitely a light down there at the end of this tunnel.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
I’m Shane Edington out of small town Western Montana. Cowboys and Native Americans do still exist, and are a large population base around me. Easy-going, at least most of the time. It takes a lot to get a rise out of me, except for a few certain things (abuse of females, children, or really anybody that can’t or has a lot harder time defending themselves).
Love going outdoors, sports, and of course gaming. Little bit strange and random, but all for a laugh. I’m not much for pushing any personal beliefs or politics on anybody, but I don’t really follow the norm, ask me privately if you need to know more.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
Finishing up building a house for an old family friend, just my father and I, and we did everything from beginning to end. From foundation, to roofing, to tile and cabinetry. I plan on posting some pictures up soon for all to see.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
Googling sedington86 will find a lot of the places like twitter where to find me (in other words I’m not even sure where all to find me), sedington86 is also the gamertag/PSN name, and there is also 360Sync with all sorts of gaming news, reviews, and contests galore!
23. Any more comments?
Hit me up at any of these places you may find me if you have any questions, need assistance, want to game, or just to say hi. If you don’t mind also please check out 360Sync.com and let me know what you think!
And if I may leave a last thought in your head, in my short time in this world I’ve learned one of the most important lessons from my father… almost without knowing it.
Life sometimes almost seems to enjoy beating you down and giving you almost impossible tasks, but instead of stressing or giving up in the face of such adversity, try this train of thought out instead
“Lead me to a task and conquer I will”.
It may come slow at times, and some things still may not work out, but stressing and worrying about it only seems to waste time and energy.
Thank you, you’ve been awesome!