Happy new week, everyone and welcome to Monday’s edition of TwitLight which is all about the lovely @kari_shma!
I met @kari_shma at some point last year on tumblr, even though I can’t for the life of me remember how, although I’m assuming it was probably via @ruhi. Since then her small tumblr blog [at that time anyway!] has amassed many, many followers which is due to the excellent content she’s posting.
She’s a great person as I’ve found out on Twitter and in IM conversations and I’m very glad she’s chosen to take part in TwitLight!
Without any further ado, please allow me to present @kari_shma!
1. Where are you from?
Mumbai (Bombay), India.
2. How old are you?
3. What do you do for a living?
I work part-time for the family business and I freelance for Smashing Magazine. My first post for the magazine was: ‘35 High Quality pics for spring inspiration‘.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Well, my name was taken .. so I decided to split it in half and add a hyphen to it. So its still my name, but split in half.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
When I was little I always thought of what I want to be in terms of professions .. At one point I wanted to be a teacher .. I even wanted to be a chef .. But now, I look at it differently .. When I grow up, I want to be happy, financially settled and have a soul-mate/partner to spend my life with. Happiness being the most important of the three.
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
I’m not really thinking of a song but the last song I listened to was: City & Colour – As much as I ever could.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
I do, but I don’t use it as often as I should. Link.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
Erm, I am reading a book called “The Japanese Wife” by Kunal Basu. I am a very moody reader … I go through months, where I’ll read a book a day .. and then I go through phases where I won’t touch a book for months. I bought the Japanese Wife back in December.. and I’m still reading it. Its a book of short stories and so I read a story and then set the book down and don’t go back to it for weeks.
I gotta change that though. I gotta read more often.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
Hahahaha, well .. I don’t play videos games much. When I was younger I love playing Mario and thats about it. Oooh wait, I play a lot of tetris on my game boy. Does that count ? lol.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Its 95 degrees F and its HOT & HUMID !
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Well, its 11:57pm .. so technically my day is over.. but tomorrow my plan is to: – work on my next post for smashing magazine.. go to the gym.. go to the spa.. read .. finish up the work I have piled up from my other job.. and TUMBL. :-)
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
Ooh, that is a tough question .. I watch soo many shows and I would love to replace soo many people, but the one that sticks out in my head right now is Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo from grey’s anatomy) .. I know .. lame.. dork .. nerd.. call me whatever you want.. but here’s my reason.. getting to replace her would mean that I would get to make out with Patrick Dempsey. Have you seeen his eyes ? Holy Heavens. He is beautiful.
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
I’ve never watched Star Trek… Sorry !
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Hahaha .. well I wouldn’t say I’m grumpy in the morning .. But if you try to wake me up when I’m not really ready to wake up .. I GROWL! but for the most part in the morning, I wake up .. and I’ll watch some news and have a cup of tea. I need about 10-15 minutes to myself before I can start being social ..
Does that make me grumpy?
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
Eh.. I haven’t come across anything that interesting recently.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
I’ve been on twitter for about 6 months I think .. maybe a little longer.. but i’ve only been sucked into it recently ..
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
That’s a really silly question.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am Happy and I am Sad, but content none the less, because things are finally beginning to go in the direction that i’d like them to.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
I can talk and I come accross as very outgoing .. but I can also be quite shy. I am blunt. I don’t believe in sugar coating and/or beating around the bush.
I hate bullshit. I hate people that bullshit and I hate being bullshitted. I hate everything about it. I dislike liars. I have zero tolerance for dishonest people. I can handle the truth, so why don’t you just tell it. I also dislike hypocrites.
I love music.. I am always looking for new music. I listen to almost everything except for heavy metal and country. I love my blackberry, my macbook, my camera and my ipod. I’m not sure how I would survive without them. Well, actually maybe I would survive without my bb.. but my computer, camera & iPod .. no way !
I love long drives. I love road trips. I love driving. I love puppies. I love traveling. I love new york city. I love bridges. I love water bodies (oceans, seas, rivers…).
I’m attracted to guys that can play an instrument. I’m also attracted to guys that are passionate about their hobbies. I wish I could play the guitar.
I wish I had a puppy.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
Erm, well the last BIG thing I was proud about was graduation in 2007 from Bradley University w/ my bachelors in Finance.
The last small thing I was proud about was my first post for Smashing Magazine.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
23. Any more comments? Nope. Thank you, Karishma! <3