Welcome to another edition of TwitLight and today it’s all about a drunk person that, well, drinks too much! Yes, you’ve guessed correctly, he’s at university! Unlike the previous TwitLights so far I’ve actually met @Zyber. Twice in fact, both at XL Lan and I’ve mentioned him in my writeup for the first one. And yes, he does drink a lot!
I first met him all the way back in 2005 on Matchbox360 which sadly isn’t at all like it used to be and he was also the founder of the Ignition webzine for which I once wrote a Splinter Cell Double Agent review. Initially we didn’t get along. There was a lot of community drama especially related to one clan I was a member of, the England Boyz. Yes, I was a member of a clan that’s just for and with guys, don’t ask! During one late night conversation in which he was drunk [didn't I tell you he's always drunk?!] we did some rumour control and worked out our differences. That doesn’t mean we’re always the same opinion though!
Even after I resigned from Matchbox360 and the end of Ignition we stayed in contact which translates to about one long msn or phone conversation a month to catch up.
Is in the pub getting drunk and not paranoid!! Not paranoid!! #
It’s my absolute pleasure to introduce you all to @Zyber!
1. Where are you from?
2. How old are you?
3. What do you do for a living?
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Zyber – picking a gamertag for the Xbox i came up with Zyber Jedi, it was just
Cyber Jedi but my uncle convinced me Z’s were waaay cooler than C’s so.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
Probly something in computers but I wrote a novel when I was 17 that I want to get published so I am hoping to do that in my spare time. Part time novelist.
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
One week – barenaked ladies. I’m listening to it right now.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Last FM was sooo 2006. No.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
This set of questions.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
Most recent would have to be Halo wars although i’ve not picked up a controller in about 3 weeks.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
I plan to watch tv, play computer games and listen to music for most of it. Might phone this girl I met on Friday.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
I want to be Jack Bauer or maybe be on The Unit, not replace anyone there, just one of the team.
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Sure, I wouldn’t come out of my room til at least 1pm so.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
Littlegamers.com They made a computer game for the 360 using the XNA game studios and they do a pretty funny web comic.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
I found the email and it said i joined on 27/8/07 but i’m not even at 1000 tweets yet. I don’t know, it’s the new Facebook and it’s what Facebook wants
to be so.
Heck even when I joined I was told I was late to the party by a certain Steve Day so. I’m just a nosey person my nature.
Yeah, he told me that, too, but I’m sure he’s had more breaks from twittering than anyone else! – Cat
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
I own a PC, want a Mac. Damn where are my spaces???
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Ice cream, no contest.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am stumped on this question and I can’t think of anything funny, but one day I will, because I’m a funny man.
Lies! – Cat
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
I had a car accident about 9 months ago and it changed my life forever. May sound stupid as I walked away from it unharmed but that day changed my life
forever. I was always the good boy, polite, smart, I made mistakes like everyone does some of which i’m still paying for; but I never really enjoyed my life. I always worried about tomorrow, what people may think of me and I wished I could just stop the world turning for one day just so I could catch up with it and figure out what I wanted.
After my accident I realised that I wasn’t living, just coasting.
After that I started living. Went out and got a tattoo that i’d always wanted. Chatting to any girl in a club without fear of rejection. Spent money like a sailor. Drank beer from breakfast to lunch…3 days later. I’m even trying to convice my mate to come to pamplona with me to go running with the bulls.
Honestly, people who knew me before my accident think I’m completely different now and whether they see the full effect or just notice me acting differently, it’s the guy I’ve become.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
I just got presented with an award I recieved last year. It was for the highest mark on my course at University last year.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
23. Any more comments?
//i am God
Sorry, programming joke. Java has made me insane.
Yes, yes you are insane! Thanks for taking part.