#TwitLight, Handwriting and other things

It’s been about a month since I’ve started temping at the cafe and I really like it so far. I have never met as many crazy people in one place before, but this is made up by some of the amazing staff, one of which I have met several times outside of work. The early hours are early [6am early!!] and there are some songs I really can’t stand to listen to any more, but it really is worth it, especially sitting outside in the sun.

—–

This is still not resolved, but edging ever closer which is at least something.

—–

My ‘Books‘ page is finally up to date, the others should follow at some point! I really need to update the ‘Archive‘ somehow. And import more posts from my tumblr blog as I got bored quickly last time.

I am somewhat annoyed with Twitter, or rather was yesterday which could’ve been due to my overall bad mood. I feel like there’s too much advertisement on there these days and too many community sites are using it purely to have contests involving members to send out spam links. Of course that’s quite hypocritical seeing I constantly mention TwitLight and the handwriting project on Twitter..

—–

The response to TwitLight has been amazing. There have been 13 TwitLights to date and there are 14 pending and 11 that I’m still waiting for. There’s a large gap between the male and female responses, however. Only four of the pending ones are from women and only one of the ones I’m still waiting for is from a woman, although it’s anyone’s guess when she‘ll finally send hers back!!

So any woman reading this: I need you! The only prerequisite is that you are a somewhat active Twitterer and are following me. Follow the instructions to take part!

—–

Equally impressive is the response to my call for handwriting samples and I have 18 samples so far of which most are from people not in my immediate online circles. I’m planning to make a post next week, so please send me yours if you haven’t done so already!

1. Posted May 1, 2009 at 7:59 am | Permalink

raincoaster sent me here. Why? Dunno. But I’m here.

2. Posted May 1, 2009 at 8:01 am | Permalink

Wow. This is fuckin’ awesome. Now what?

3. Posted May 1, 2009 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Yep, I’ve just seen her comment, too. If you’re interesting in taking part,
    the explanation’s here: http://carocat.co.uk/twitlight/

The more the merrier!

4. Posted May 1, 2009 at 8:21 am | Permalink

Sorry, cat, I just don’t get it.

5. Posted May 1, 2009 at 8:44 am | Permalink

Ok, TwitLight’s basically just a spotlight/interview with interesting people
    on Twitter.

What you do:

1. Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/carocat
    2. Send me a mail with your email address: http://carocat.co.uk/contact/
    3. I’ll send you a mail with all the info/questions/stuff.
    4. You fill it out.
    5. You send it back to me whenever you’re done.
    6. I’ll schedule it for one of the future TwitLights.

Make sense?

6. Posted May 2, 2009 at 3:05 am | Permalink

The procedure does, the purpose doesn’t, but I guess I’ll bite, not that I claim to be interesting.

7. Posted May 2, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Basically it’s just to satisfy my interest in other people. There’s not much
    else behind it.

Oh and I felt bad about abandoning the blog for months at a time, this way I
    have content for it.

One Trackback

1. [...] I’ve mentioned before on this blog I’m currently working as a temp in a cafe/bar/pub and as I’ve mentioned on Twitter before several times another temp started shortly after me. [...]