Truth be told I actually initially planned a different TwitLight today, but seeing the love between the two siblings I asked myself how I could not post @phoenix8424‘s! I’m sure you’ll all agree with me!
Ooooh, doing questions for @carocat for the TwitLight. Take that @GeminiAce! .
@GeminiAce Nobody cares about your TwitLight. .
@phoenix8424 Deep down I know you’re right. *fights back tears* .
I found this to be boring and offensive. LOL. Just kidding. Love you brother! Even thou you didn’t mention me…. :P Link
Yeah, in the part that said, I realy hate my family. I dream of stabbing them. :SOB: Link
Back some time ago I listened to the first episode of the Uncanny Gamers podcast, but for some reason didn’t realise she was on Twitter and so we only followed each other since Monday when I posted @GeminiAce’s TwitLight.
In this TwitLight she mentions her brother, her husband and, of course, gaming!
Ladies and gents, meet @GeminiAce’s sister, the amazing @phoenix8424!
1. Where are you from?
Fort Worth, Texas.
2. How old are you?
24 years young.
3. What do you do for a living?
I am a replacement Rural Carrier. That means I work for the regular postman on his day off or vacation out in rural areas. I also sell Mary Kay on the side and am fairly new to that business.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Well, my favorite X-man character is Phoenix and I always loved the dynamic relationship between her and Wolverine and her dark side. The last part I came up with several years ago, the 8424. I was born in 1984, and I knew one day I would be 24… And this is that magical year it all comes together! At the time I was 20 and nobody got the connection. n00bs.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
Well when I was little I wanted to be a vet, an author, a comic book writer. I knew I loved computers and took some classes, but today a college education doesn’t mean everything. I enjoy delivering the mail, but never thought I would end up doing that in a million years.
When I grow up I just hope I have a good job I enjoy, be a good wife and mother who can school her kids in video games.
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
I’m thinking of the new 311 song Hey You. It makes me think of my podcast listeners. Hey you!
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Why yes I do!
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
I was currently reading my Twitter updates and my new OXM.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
Before my Xbox 360 got the “open tray” error, my husband and I were trying to get all of the jewels and BSAA symbols in Resident Evil 5. I was pleasantly surprised at how much we love Resident Evil 5. It’s the perfect co-op mulitplayer. You have the guy and the chick, perfect for couples. There is plenty of teamwork but also room to customize to your own style.
It’s hard to find really great 2 player games if you’re a married gaming couple who share one Xbox, and RE5 hit the sweet spot. (The box to fix my Xbox should be there on the 6th, so hopefully I will be on XBL again soon. Send me a FR – Phoenix8424 or my husband – KBB7769)
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Dark and cloudy, looks like rain!
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
The rest of the day I might stream some Netflix movies, clean the house a bit, nap, work on painting the laundry room and I have a Mary Kay meeting this evening.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
Kate on Lost because she doesn’t do much, gets paid to look confused, and gets to be around Jack and Sawyer. Oh, is Hugh Jackman on any T.V. show? Because if he was I would so be anybody near him. :)
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
I would be the girl in the back who yells things. Like “Watch out!”, “Klingons ahead!'”, “Our shields are low!”, “Beam the Captain down!”.
Not much, just enough to get noticed but not enough to get myself killed.
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
I’m not very happy in the morning either. I like to make my coffee and then play on the computer a bit. Then I’ll be happy. So if you stay outta my freaking way and don’t drink my coffee or eat my snacks, I won’t shank you.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
There have been several. The best one yesterday was measuring your e-penis.
I also am in love with Last.fm. Free music FTW!
I regulary visit Achieve360Points.com to feed the acheivement whore inside of me.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
Well, I haven’t been on Twitter very long. I have over a thousand updates but I want to say I’ve been on here 6 months to a year.
I realized I was sucked in when I stopped using my phone to text my brother and we “followed” each other thru Twitter. No need to say “what’s up?” when his life is smeared all over teh internetz. Unlimited messaging plan? Useless.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
I had a Mac for a bit when I was younger, and I remember returning it. PC’s are just better. More adaptable. That’s my opinion.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Both! Or actually, the best ice cream is Birthday Cake. The sprinkles. The icing. The cake chunks. Heaven.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am sleepy and I need to do things, but won’t do as much as needed because it’s my life dammit!
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
As I said earlier I am a 24 year old female from Texas. I recently got married about 2 months ago. My husband and I took advantage of the forclosure market and bought our first house last February and we haven’t lost it yet!
I work for the Post Office which is frustrating and patriotic and unstable.
In our free time we enjoy fishing and playing lots of video games. I like to garden, surf the internet, walk our 4 dogs, and cook. Some of my favorite games include anything Tomb Raider, Viva Pinata, Command and Conquer, Resident Evil 5, The Sims, Gun, X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Army of Two. I love unlocking achievements and will play anything once.
My favorite band is Cake, but I also enjoy Chris Cornell, Audioslave, Matchbox 20, 311, The All American Rejects, Weezer and Live.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
Well, there have been lots of things. I guess the biggest thing was purchasing our house all on our own and deciding to spend my life with a good man.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
- Podcast – The Uncanny Gamers
- Other Podcast – Animal Crossing Friends
- Photos on Flickr
23. Any more comments?
I have a nice family, including TwitLight alum GeminiAce. He’s an awesome brother and we have a blast podcasting. Here he is with me!
Great to have you on here, thank you!