Welcome to Friday’s edition of TwitLight and who is better to beat the old Friday blues than the one and only @raincoaster?!
I have never seen anyone as obsessed with blogstats, although with the hits she gets on a daily basis it’s probably quite hard not to get obsessed with them! She’s not doing too bad with comments either; her most commented on post ‘mummified fairy remains found!!!‘ has, at the time of writing this, 1651 comments of which about 20 or 30 are from me.
Some of her other posts include some very long post about Viggo Mortensen, a post about Canada’s most well known serial killer Willy Pickton and she was one of the first to post the Chris Crocker ‘Leave Britney alone!!’ video.
She’s helpful, too, with thousands of posts in the wordpress.com forums which is where I first came across her back in 2006.
If you haven’t come across her on the internet before, then you must have been living in a hole. Follow her now!
I give you @raincoaster!
1. Where are you from?
I was born in Marville, France, on a Canadian Armed Forces Base, and the government subsequently refused to recognize my Certificate of Foreign Birth. I try not to take it personally, and repeatedly point out this does not actually PROVE I’m an alien.
2. How old are you?
I COULD tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.
3. What do you do for a living?
I blog, but you could hardly call it living. I rock the monitor tan something fierce.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
It means where I live. There are two other raincoasters in the world: some chick named Helen who snagged the name on Skype before I got it, and an amateur porn actor and nudist in Abbotsford who has a MUCH hairier back than I do. And I’ve got the tentacles, so it’s easy to tell us apart.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
“Grow up…” please explain?
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
This horrible “Don’t Call Me Baby Anymore” song that the internet cafe plays Every! Single! Time! I come here.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Nope. But according to photographers, I have an outstanding profile. The left one.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
Duh, this questionnaire. Is this a trick question?
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
I don’t play video games, but I’m fat right now, so I want WiiFit and Dance Dance Revolution.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Blustery, cool, and scatttered rain. It will continue this way in Vancouver for approximately the next ten thousand years.
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
I have one more blog post to do, then I walk home, toast a good business decision with some Tuaca, which a friend recommended on Twitter, then watch a DVD (Meet John Doe with Gary Cooper and Barbara Stanwyck) in bed and go to sleep.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
I would only do that if I could replace them with myself, and then I’d replace either the highest-paid person in television OR the lucky nobody who gets to sit next to Simon Cowell every week on American Idol. Le sigh. What can I say, I have a bit of a thing for assholes.
There was no chance in hell I’d put Simon Cowell here!
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Yes, because I would kill anyone who was obnoxiously cheery in the morning. But I never clean up. So we could split the work that way.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
I registered last August, but only started doing things with it in October. It didn’t take long to get hooked; I think it depends on hitting that magical Follow number, to make the tweets interesting enough to pay attention to. Less than 100 isn’t interesting enough.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
Macs are better, PCs are cheaper. But Macs just work, right out of the box.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Ice cream, of course.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am broke and I turned down a job, but I feel great, because there’s no amount of money that would be worth taking that amount of crap from a so-called collegue.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
Well, the Facebook Dr Phil personality quiz pretty much sums it up:
Others see you as someone they should “handle with care.” You’re seen as vain, self-centered, and who is extremely dominant. Others may admire you, wishing they could be more like you, but don’t always trust you, hesitating to become too deeply involved with you.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
Making the hard decision to turn down some easy money for peace of mind and the chance to concentrate on growing my business, raincoaster media, which uses the power of the digital revolution to bring about personal and social change. Social media for social change, basically.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go? Feel free to mention any of your sites/projects/accounts here:
Google, silly. I used to comment a lot more, especially on Gawker blogs (I have been recognized in Vancouver because of my comments on Defamer.com) but since I started reading RSS feeds instead, I’m not commenting so much anymore. And that’s hurt the blog, no question.
My personal blog is raincoaster.com, my social media/community blog is raincoastermedia.com, my parenting blog is Teenymanolo.com, my gossip blog is Ayyyy.com, my making fun of celebrities blog is Lolebrity.net, and my literary group’s blog is Shebeenclub.com which is currently in limbo.
23. Any more comments?
Yeah, that’s too many questions! Twitter users have short attention spans!
Some say it’s too short though! Thanks for taking part!