Started talking about this on MSN and seeing that Harry Potter films seem to come up in conversation far too often, I might as well copy it to here and link to it in the future. Saves the lazy me having to type it again.
- First one is good for being a happy/cheery kids movie. Magical really, especially with the introduction of the awesome John Williams score.
- Second one was ok, it’s always been my least favourite book, but the character of Myrtle was captured well enough for me to not dislike the film completely.
- Third one was too arty. Far too obvious it’s a different director and set and some of the parts, like Lupins changing into the werewolf after they leave the Shrieking Shack and Sirius attacking him felt cheap. Could have been the lighting. I did like how they did the time travel and the evolution of Hermione’s character though.
- The fourth one concentrated far too much on the bloody Triwizard tournament and wasn’t faithful enough to the books. That dragon egg sequence seemed to last forever and it wasn’t clear on how the world’s opinion of Harry changed. Plus Dobby is even more annoying than the books!
- Fifth one, Umbridge, was good and my fave one. Showed change and how no one believed Harry and it replicated the overal powerlessness I felt when reading the book. And it introduced Luna which is such a brilliant actress.
- Last one changed far too much to the book and shows how some actor may have been miscast. Like Ginny Weasely who has zero chemistry with Harry or Ron/Hermione who also don’t really have much going for each other. Plus I disliked how they changed the end with Snape killing Dumbledore which was entirely different in the book.