#TwitLight has finally returned after an absence of over two years and what a better way to come back with @sahfenn!
I first started stalking her on Twitter at some point during the summer of 2009 when I moved back to Reading and looked into following people that live in the local area and use the #rdg hashtag. I have since met her and her husband @NevilleFenn many times and we’ve had great boardgame sessions and coffees together, as well as bumping into each other in town randomly.
She shares my passion for social media and the internet and I have had many recommendations from her, such as finally upgrading to Spotify Premium or discovering Photoshake. Not to mention a great sock pattern she recently shared with me that I can’t wait to try out!
Additionally she is always full of good advice whenever I need it.
I’m happy she’s agreed to take part in #TwitLight and it’s an absolute pleasure to introduce you to @sahfenn!
1. Where are you from?
I was born in London and have lived in England, Scotland, and Wales. These days Reading’s my home town.
2. How old are you?
3. What do you do for a living?
For I while I was middle-management in the finance department of a telecoms company. A few years ago I took voluntary redundancy so my husband and I could try a change of lifestyle.
Nowadays he brings home the lolly and I stay home to look after the house and our little dog. We cope on one salary just about, although our income’s gone down in real terms since I left work. We do without in exchange for more genuine free time to enjoy life. Sometimes I do get involved in helping people out with things though, like marketing for my friend’s online theatre troupe (website building and social networking) and more recently I’ve done some proof-reading for a publisher.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Sah was first used by my 3 year old neighbour Ryan in Aberdeen (I was about 6 at the time) who couldn’t say Sarah properly so I think he should get the credit. It’s pronounced ‘air’ with an ‘s’ on the front.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
These days I want to be happy and healthy and have great friends and holidays. When I was shorter I wanted the same things as now with the additional of a garage full of fast cars, which secretly I’m still pining for.
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
Not a song but the random buzzing of a lawnmower outside.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Razziafm. Sahbear on Spotify.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
I regularly get ‘Country Walking’ and ‘Backpacking’ magazines. Half way through Simon Pegg’s book and Scott Sigler’s ‘Ancestor’ (which is AMAZING if you haven’t read it). Also a friend has lent me some Locke and Key trade paperbacks so I have those to read too.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
On the Xbox F1 2010 and I think it’s brilliant. On my iPhone I’m playing Doodle Kart which is a blast. On the Wii still picking up Wii Sports Resort every now and then. 100 pin bowling never gets old for me.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Gorgeous Spring day! Planning to have our first bbq of the year tonight.
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Making bread to go with dinner, phoning the vets to book Dogface his annual check-up and vaccinations (he’s going to love that!), and having a look to see if we have the spare parts to fix the toilet.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
I would love to be Daisy in Spaced, just for a year.
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realized I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Oh yes. I don’t actually wake up till 9pm. If you meet me during the day it’s a complicated hologram that makes it looks like I’m awake. I’m actually floating around in a pre-programmed hover chair fast asleep.
15. What is the best website you’ve come across recently?
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
I think it was Summer 2007 and I was almost instantly hooked.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
For me Mac’s are the best fit as the principles behind the design fit my style of working and I love the stability. Your milage may vary. Please no hate-mail.
It’s my belief that SkyNet is a MAC.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Ice cream cake. Mmmmmm.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am pink and I breathe, but not forever, because of mortality.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
Everything I know I learnt from David Lynch.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
A podcast I made back in 2006 with Nev, my husband, and a whole load of other people. Looking at it again recently made me smile.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
23. Any more comments?
Have a nice day! :)
Thank you so much for taking part!