My problems with Boots Opticians are still not over.
Was notified that the glasses had come in this morning and they ended up being the wrong ones. Even worse, none of the notes of my complaint were on the system.
In order to make things easier for everyone when I will go back to speak to a manager tomorrow I have spent the last hour looking up dates, diaries, Foursquare check-ins and blogposts to collect a clear list of all issues with Boots Opticians to date. Names and other personal information has obviously been removed.
Two days ago I even contacted the general Boots customer service email with no replay as of yet. If the issues aren’t resolved tomorrow or within a reasonable amount of time I might have to make a complaint to The Optical Consumers Complaints Service.
- Eyetest: Wednesday, 30.03.11 plus point of sale [Staff member's name, removed for blogpost]
- Picked up second pair of glasses: 06.04.11 [No notification]
- Picked up first pair of glasses: 08.04.11 [No notification or courtesy call about delays]
- Adjustments – 5 between April and September, 8 between October and January
- Arms bent – September by former D&A on Broad St
- Lenses chipping off on the right lense – October
Complaint on 30.01.12:
- Was told the different arms have voided warranty [was not explained at point of sale – ‘it’s not a problem to attach a different arm to the lenses, will do this at manufacturer’]
- Was told that bent arms would have to be fixed at store that bent them
- Was told that the lenses chipping off was not a major concern
Outcome after staff member consulted with manager multiple times:
- Would receive a new set of glasses with default arms to avoid future issues
- Purchased Boots Opticians cover which would be valid from the day of the receipt of the new glasses which is also when paperwork would be done
- Was told to expect one week until delivery – 06.02.12
Chasing up glasses:
- 07.02.12 – Called store to enquire about glasses, told they had not yet come in
- 09.02.12 – Went instore to enquire about glasses, told they had not come in and that there had been a delay with the frames. New due date 13.02.12
- 13.02.12 – Went instore to enquire about glasses, told they had been fitted and were still at the manufacturer. When asking about delays with frames was told that there wasn’t anything on the system. New due date 15.02.12
– Phoncall from manager [no name] telling me glasses had been delayed until 17.02.12. Reason given delay in frames. When mentioning that I had been told different things before was told ‘I don’t know what was said yesterday, was not instore as at a funeral’ without offering to look into issues.
– Received another call minutes later [either same manager or other member of staff, no name given] telling me glasses would be there 17.02.12.
– Emailed Boots customer service. Received an auto responder stating ‘Our Central Customer Care team has received your email safely. [...] We aim to respond to all emails within 24 hrs.’ No response by 16.02.12.
- 16.02.12 – Received text message informing me the glasses had arrived.
– Went to store at 18.30. Had to wait until 18.40 until seen. Only one staff member visible with customer, no courtesy of apologising for the wait.
– Member of staff collected glasses, before another took over.
– Glasses were the wrong ones [they were the alternative arms fitted, not the default ones with the frame]. Seeing that this would basically repeat the previous glasses I refused them.
– Was told frame Colorado A was no longer available.
– No notes available on the system from 30.01.12, only from two times I had been chasing it since.