Everyone turning into stalkers?

Came across this during my more random internet travels. I use Google a lot. And I have used it to lookup people, find phonenumbers, addresses and such like.

Google anyones name and you can see heaps of information on them unless they’re blessed [cursed?] with a common name.

Is this the future? Everyone turning into stalkers?

This entry was posted in Funny Stuff, Google, Random. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Everyone turning into stalkers?

1. thebigman87 says:

Depends what you mean by name.

I typed my real name into google and apparently I’m a Post Graduate at a School of Politics in the US…Well without that being one hell of a commute I don’t think it’s me and my name isn’t common. So :P

However my Alias is the top link but then again my alias is also my domain name so again….:P

But I do think it is going down that road.

2. Cat says:

My alias brings up a lot plus some random cat food products! Haha.

My name is pretty rare, there are no real hits off of it.

But it is getting to the point that there is a lot of information. Just think how much people could find out about you by looking at all the sites you’re on.

3. thebigman87 says:

Or they could just go on my Site where it is all collected nicely for them…lol

It doesn’t bother me to be honest there is little anything people can do with it, Tell me shit I already know. Try and Sell me stuff based on the Products I have, if anyone gets into a Conversation that even sounds like it’s remotely promotional or some sales crap…They are immediately told were to go. lol

If people wanted to “track” me down it would be pretty easy to be honest, Domain Search anyone? Yea that’s what I thought, bring it on I have my Hurling Stick ready for anyone who wants a piece..:P

4. Tob3z says:

Good luck finding anything about me with my real name. You wont even get linked to my site.

Just to let you know I have never had cancer and my mums not called Shauna. Can’t believe there is another person with the same first and last name as me.

5. Sha says:

Now that is scary,

6. Cat says:

Well, your name isn’t THAT rare I don’t think, Tob3z.

Yeah, there is always the way of the domain. can’t track me through wp.com, bu definitely through other places.

I’m not really too bothered, nothink links to my address, only a few trusted people on the net have my address.

7. thebigman87 says:

That’s not entirely true, when you do swaps online for Games people know your Address. Although I don’t you have much to worry about :P

8. ish says:

Ahahaha love the pic! Man how I could do with satellite photos of some of the hot chicks in my school :P

Anyway I’ve tried searching myself. If you type “REAL NAME REMOVED”, the sixth result takes you to my blog. If you type “REAL NAME REMOVED”, the fourth result takes you to my blog, the fifth takes you to my facebook and the seventh takes you to my Last.FM account LOL. And if you type “REAL NAME REMOVED”, the first result is my Facebook profile, the second and third are my blog and the fourth is a news item about SOMETHING THAT’S BEEN REMOVED. LMAO I’m becoming like a public property. Hell where’s the privacy? :P

Comment has been edidted to ensure the commenters privacy. Cat

9. Cat says:

Privacy’s long gone, Ish!

10. ish says:

I know I know :(

Privacy was gone the day private sex tapes started doing rounds over the internet.

11. Sha says:

If you type Shani, you get nothing of mine up there, however if you type my full name, you first get my facebook profile then my blog.

12. Cat says:

Ewll, I got to a random site just now. Tagoon? Seems to e like a Technoati thing. How on Earth did they associate this blog with real name?

Other wise my real name links to a few sites that don’t exist any more. Didn’t realise Google kept them cached for almost a year?

13. ish says:

Cat, just do me a favour and delete my 8th comment in which I’ve mentioned my name cause it’s showing up in the Google search results. Thanks. :)

14. Cat says:

I’ve edited your comment so there’s no reference. If that’s not enough, let me know. :)

15. ish says:

Yep, that works. Thank you. :)

16. Cat says:

No worries. :)

If it makes you feel any better I’ve never seen anyone searching for you.

17. Ashish says:

If it makes you feel any better I’ve never seen anyone searching for you.
    Don’t count on it, there have been searches ranging from ish tea to ishmeet stripping! lol. Though the rather hot search seems to be Sha’s full name! :D

18. Cat says:

Yeah, but I look through my searches and there haven’t been any for anyone apart from myself.

Soo many people search for my Gamertag though…

19. ish says:

I know I’m not being searched for but it wasn’t a neat idea to mention my full name anywhere.

20. Cat says:

Yeah, I know what you mean. The name you used in that comment isn’t the same as your FB profile, is it?

21. ish says:

Nope, it isn’t. That one had my surname but the Facebook one has the surname which every Sikh uses, so it’s more anonymous. And I don’t think it would be much of a problem if someone sees my facebook profile until and unless through that they reach some friend who has a WordPress.com blog and then find me from there. But that’s highly unlikely and too complicated.

22. Cat says:

Oh no, I didn’t mean that and I’m sure back then you weren’t on my facebook. I was just wondering why it was different. Hell, you could call yourself Mickey Mouse if you wanted!

So, every Sikh has one surname they use? /confused.

23. ish says:

Yeah, whenever some person uses “Singh” after their name, that means they are a Sikh. Hindu’s mostly use “Kumar” and then their actual surname.

24. Cat says:

Hmmm, I always just thought that’s common names, like Smith, Jones, etc. So why change it from your normal names?

25. ish says:

What exactly are common names? Maybe they’re the same thing.

26. Cat says:

Well, what I mean and I think what confuses me with you is that if I have a name it’s in my passport, etc. Whereas you just pick a name yet still have your other name?

27. ish says:

Okay, delete this comment after you’ve read it alright?

[deleted the rest per Ish’s instructions]

28. Cat says:

That makes sense. I guess it just seems strange, because no one in Germany/UK does it.

And I’ve noticed now that there are loads of people called Kumar. Guess I never paid much attention to it!

Want to leave me a lovely comment? Please do!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s