As I posted yesterday, I was meant to finally get my keys and move. Well, there were some complications…
I viewed the house on the 3rd of September and paid my deposit the same week. The agency got the work reference in the same week and then the only references missing were my bank and landlord one. The whole process went really slow and the references only came trough last week. I was then meant to move in last Thursday, then Friday, then Saturday and then finally yesterday.
Turns out that after my repeated phonecalls yesterday that one of my references fell through and the only way I can move in is if I pay the six months rent in advance. Upon me asking which reference failed I was told that it was the work one [as I am on a temporary contract] and I wouldn’t have been able to get the house either way. That’s right, the work reference they’ve had for over three weeks didn’t work out and they didn’t tell me about it…
So I have to stay here for another few days, as I have to wait for the money from my savings to clear so I can then transfer it on to the estate agents. Whilst it is not that much a problem staying here for a little while longer, it is a bit complicated as they have just gotten another dog in addition to Bella, as Andrew has been feeling left out ever since Suki died.
And I had to rearrange a ton of deliveries and change a van rental and so on… It’s not been a good day!
At the moment it looks like I might get the keys Friday, so I’m hoping for that.