I have the keys!

As of yesterday I finally have the keys and can start moving and setting up furniture. Not too sure if the actual move is something to look forward to, but the final result will be worth it.

View of the fireplace and the mirror above it! Currently I am aiming to have fully moved by Tuesday, allowing me enough time to set everything up and not have too much stress on one day.

My internet router/modem has been dispatched and will be with me today which is perfect timing as my internet is meant to be connected today as well.

In other news, I also picked up my new glasses yesterday and it’s quite hard getting used to them. I do remember the change always being a problem or taking a while, but this time I’m experiencing double vision, a very much moving floor and I feel about three feet shorter! But that is all to be expected and I am sure it will sort itself soonish.

And now to leave you with this, yet another Halo 3 image. This one is me shooting someone and getting two kills with one shot. :)

Last but not least, there will be a change to this blog within the next few days, more shall be announced soon. :)

This entry was posted in Community and Games, Glasses, Halo 3 screenshots, Halo games, House, Moving, Xbox Live, Xbox360. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I have the keys!

1. Ashish says:

Great. Have fun Cat. :)

Btw, nice URL. should I link to it already or wait for the “announcement”? :P I’d thought you’d go for .com but .co.uk looks cool too! :)

2. Cat says:

Damn you! I am sooo tempted to delete your comment, you know…. :P

Yep, that is the change to my blog, it is that I have finally decided to use the domain I’ve had reserved for months and set up domain mapping.

There will be announcement and an explanation as to why that is my domain, etc, but that will have to wait, as I’m heading to the house now. Feel free to change it already though.

3. Ashish says:

Sure. And hey, did I ACTUALLY mention what you are using? Nope. Heehee. I just checked my incoming links and found your’s listed twice so I had to check. lol. I’ll change it. :)

Have a great day cat, I think today is going your way. :)

4. Ashish says:

Btw, did you turn off the emoticons or what? I’m not seeing any…

5. ish says:

Hey, congratulations for the new house and the new domain!

I found it via Ashish too. He installed this plugin which had a link to my Dashboard on his blog. There I found this domain in his incoming links and checked just for curiosity’s sake. And I landed here.

Btw, how much does the domain cost you?

6. Ashish says:

I found it via Ashish too.
    Now thats sure going to knock me off Cat’s christmas list…

7. Pingback: Welcome to http://carocat.co.uk « Cat’s blog

8. Cat says:

@ Ashish: Yesterday was indeed going my way, but that will be another blog post when I get a few minutes this weekend.

And yes, you’re off the christmas card list.

And yes, I turned off smilies as I didn’t like them anymore. I founf they broke up posts/comments too much. Sorry. :)

@ Ish: Thank you and thank you.

It costs between £2.59/year for .co.uk to £8.99 for .com/.net. Have a look at this where I bought mine: http://www.123-reg.co.uk/

9. Cat says:

Oh and Ish: wordpress.com charges $10 a year for domain mapping. More info here:

10. Ashish says:

Waaaah…. all I did was say .co.uk was cool. It was the same are looking to tagging. :D

Nah. no problem. It’s because of that I use only about 7-8 smilies. lol. I hate the default WP smilies! Well except for the razz one. Heehee.

Btw, both of our domains are registered on GoDaddy.com, we got them for free [oh wait you remember don’t you.]. I did a WHOIS and got the info.

11. Ashish says:

*both of our = ish and mine.

12. Cat says:

I just prefer text to smilies. I didn’t realise it was possible to turn them off til recently!

I have a domain with that guy as well, got four domains now!

13. Ashish says:

I didn’t realise it was possible to turn them off til recently!
    I knew it the first day I got a wordpress account. I turned them off accidentally and then had to do some “sherlock holmes” to get it right. lol. I’m no forum creature. :D

14. ish says:

@Cat: thanks for the info!

@Ash: They’re registered on that site? I never had a clue. Actually I just didn’t fancy getting into the self hosted blog much. It just didn’t work out there for me and I’m happy here.

15. Ashish C. says:

Well getting a self-hosted blog actually boosted my academic skills. Heehee. I’ve started to learn PHP just to make my own plugins. :P

16. Sha says:

Meh. I’m happy with wordpress plus being a student means I’m broke constantly. Damn this stage of life at times.

17. Pingback: The October ‘07 digest. « Cat’s blog