1. Advent

Is it just me or has this year gone by even quicker than the last one? It feels the year’s only just started..

Regardless, it’s Sunday, the 2nd of December 2007, it’s only three more Sundays until Christmas which means that today is… The first Advent! I explained it last year, so head back to the original post for more explanation.

Having recently come across some old Christmas compilation CD’s, I’m now fully in the Christmas mood.

One of my all time favourite Christmas songs is ‘White Christmas’ from the film ‘White Christmas’ by Bing Crosby. The song was written by Irving Berlin who also wrote ‘There’s no business like Show Business’ and features in the musical/film Holiday Inn starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire.

Happy first advent, folks!

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten,
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

This entry was posted in Christmas '07, Gamerscore, Microsoft, Music. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 1. Advent

1. ish says:

My favorite Christmas song is the same as last year. “Do They Know It’s Christmas” by Band Aid 20. And I’m getting in the Christmas mood too, after all December is my favorite month. Can’t do much but will definitely put a couple of bells on my blog. Jingle bells Jingle bells jingle all the way!

2. Cat says:

‘Tis all about Christmas and being in the right mood. Be aware, I am very, very much in a christmas mood, so there’ll be quite a few christmassey posts. ;)

I never really liked that song though..

3. ish says:

It’s the only Christmas song I’ve heard apart from the jingle kinds and that’s why I like it. Maybe if I hear some better songs, I’ll not like it. I like Jingle Bells a lot too.

4. Sha says:

I love that film and have got it on dvd! Amazing..my mother hates the film though lol

5. katm says:

I got way too Christmasy today. I listening to Christmas music. I made an advent wreath (ok, I stuck four properly colored candles into a grass mat). I put up my tree. I packed up the gifts to send home. I even wrote cards. I haven’t sent cards in years. I’m starting to think I’m getting a bit manic.

6. Cat says:

@ ish: That means you’re going to learn a lot over the next few weeks, as I’m planning to post some of my favourite Christmas songs. ;)

@ Sha: I wish I had it on TV, I might have to get it. I did order loads of other films the other day, including my all time favourite Christmas film. Sadly it’s in German, so I won’t be able to watch it with anyone here…

@ katm: I’ve been too ill to go shopping, so I don’t have one. I kind of miss it, same with electirc lights. I’ve started with my Christmas cards as well. I haven’t sent them in many years..

I wonder what’s causing all this Christmas ‘spirit’…

7. raincoaster says:

Nothing beats watching that movie with a bunch of retired military guys. They get all weepy and sentimental; it’s so cute@

ALL Christmas songs are my favorite Christmas songs, except Jingle Bell Rock, which I loathe.

8. Cat says:

All are you favourite? As much as I love Christmas even I wouldn’t got that far!

Want to leave me a lovely comment? Please do!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s