Blog Banter: This is gaming!

Yep, it’s that time of the month again, it’s Blog Banter time! Does anyone else think we need a Blog Banter jingle?!

Blog Banter is a group of bloggers passionate about anything and everything video games. We enjoy getting together once a month to write about the same subject. You will be amazed at the different viewpoints so many people can have on the exact same topic! Links to all the participant’s articles can be found here. If you are interested in participating, contact bs angel for more information. Enjoy our stories!

I’ve never bothered with New Year’s Revolutions. In fact all in all I don’t care much about New Year at all. It’s nothing special and just over commercialised. But then I thought I’ll just go with the flow, go and throw myself out there.. which didn’t help me at all and I can tell you one thing, staring at the laptop for an hour is not fun. See, I could’ve done some quality gaming in that time!

I decided to cheat a little and get some help.. Although ‘cheating’ is such a harsh term. Let’s just say I asked some pr0’s for help.

Your New Year’s Resolutions

1) Get a pet bunny

2) Eat more cheese

3) Travel to France

4) Study Latin

5) Get in shape with ballet

Considering I’ve already got five cats, I don’t think the bunny is such a good idea; the cheese I can do, France isn’t on top of my list. Although, do you think it counts if I fly over France to get to another country? I already did four long and gruelling years of Latin at school and ballet was never my thing. I do love ballet shoes though, but I don’t suppose buying a pair of those counts?

Well, that wasn’t too great, but hey it’s not all over yet, right? I thought above site looked very trustworthy so I decided to give it another go:

You Probably Won’t Keep Your New Year’s Resolution

Something isn’t quite right with the resolution you’ve selected. Maybe it’s time for a different one?

But this result confused me even more. Does that mean the above aren’t quite right for me or whichever ones I do?

I wonder what other people set themselves… *cough* Muppets *cough* Top Ten New Years Resolutions:

1. Spend More Time with Family and Friends
  2. Fit in Fitness
  3. Tame the Bulge
  4. Quit Smoking
  5. Enjoy Life More
  6. Quit Drinking
  7. Get Out of Debt
  8. Learn Something New
  9. Help Others
  10. Get Organized

Well, I don’t smoke, don’t drink much, enjoy life, help others and I’m not in debt. Being unorganised is definitely one of my weak points, so I could work on that.And considering I’m now a new person being organised and no more procrastinating [It’s not just you, bs angel, we all procastrinate!], I’ve decided to make some more New Years Resolutions. 53 in fact. I think I went a little overboard!

All these are games I’ve got yet never completed. It is my aim, no make that my first New Years Revolution in my entire life, to complete these games in 2008.

Alien Hominid HD
EXIT
Far Cry Instincts
Frogger
G.R.A.W.
Gauntlet
Heavy Weapon
Hitman: Blood Money [I will get Silent Assassin on more levels even if it kills me!]
Just Cause
Tony Hawks American Wasteland
Top Spin 2
TotemBall
Track and Field
Viva Piñata
Yaris

Tune in next month when we check on Cat’s progress. Has she managed to complete any? Has she got any more games? Next month only on Blog Banter.

See, I told you we need a jingle, but does anyone ever listen to me?!

This post may or may not have been written under the influence of too much caffeine.

This entry was posted in Blog, Blog Banter, Call of Duty games, Community and Games, CSI, Dead Rising, Gamerscore, Hitman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Rockstar, Shrek, Star Wars, TV Shows, Viva Pinata, Xbox Live, Xbox360. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Blog Banter: This is gaming!

1. bs angel says:

Oh man, I would have loved it if your article was up last night when I was procrastinating on writing my article. It would have given me lots to do. Awesome flow chart by the way, just spot on!

Here are my resolutions from the first thingy :

1) Get a pet wallaby
    2) Eat more Cheetos
    3) Travel to Mexico
    4) Study finger painting
    5) Get in shape with Dance Dance Revolution

I really should try that last one! I need to get DDR Universe 2 I think.

Your list of games that want to finish is … kinda sorta long. Keep us updated on the progress! And good luck, lol …

2. Cat says:

Yeah that flowchart describes my procrastination cycle really well too.

Is DDR the Konami one? If so I never liked it, the menu system drove me insane! Good luck though..

And the list, well I don’t think I’ll get very far, but I’ll definitely try my best.

I think I’ll only get round reading the other articles tomorrow, it was a long day. Really enjoyed it this time round though or maybe that’s still the caffeine talking!

3. ruhi says:

Cat, so many games?! Whoa. How much are they gonna cost you? Hehe.

I like that resolution of getting a pet bunny :P You have my vote for that one. But like you said, your sweet kittens might revolt.

And eat more CHEESE?! LOL. You need to come to the US, if you already haven’t. Everything reeks of cheese here. In fact, even the veggies have cheese in it. Thanks to that, I’m totally out of shape now.

4. killarapp says:

mine would propably relate to not procrasinating so much.

Still theres a lot of games there and not all of them are worth the effort.

5. ruhi says:

Cat, that welcome message looks really Super Kewl. :)

6. Cat says:

Ruhi, those are games I’ve got already! THis ‘New Years Resolution’ doesn’t even include any I want this year or haven’t bought from last year!

And I’m gonna modify the sidebar in a bit as well so it should look even better!

I’ve been to the US before, many many years ago. I have to say I prefer european cheese..

Graddy: I agree not all are worth the effort, but I might as well try and get them all listed and then try to complete the best ones!

7. Ruhi says:

Oooh~~wow that’s a long list out there, eh? :) Now I’ll feel a little less guilty when I’ll see the unread books in my book shelf :P Sorry for gloating like this.

8. Cat says:

That;s fine! Gloat all you want!

I’ve changed the sidebar now. Looks so much better. Thanks for bringing it up in the support forums. :)

9. Trent says:

1. Spend More Time with Family and Friends
    2. Fit in Fitness
    3. Tame the Bulge
    4. Quit Smoking
    5. Enjoy Life More
    6. Quit Drinking
    7. Get Out of Debt
    8. Learn Something New
    9. Help Others
    10. Get Organized

That is way too funny! Most resolutions would include those and 99.7% abandom them in the first 7 days! :)

10. ish says:

***Your New Year’s Resolutions***
    1) Get a pet bunny
    2) Eat less lard
    3) Travel to Sweden
    4) Study Latin
    5) Get in shape with naked yoga

All that because I said “I want a new computer”? Come on, how is naked yoga gonna help me lol. And wtf is naked yoga anyway? :P

And after all that, the second thing says I’ll not fulfill my resolutions. That’s supreme amounts of shit. :|

Good luck with all your resolutions Cat, and looking at the number of games you need to complete, looks like you’re gonna need all the luck in the world. :P

11. Cat says:

Exactly, Trent. Makes you wonder why people bother making them!

I’m going to hazard a wild guess here and say that it involves doing yoga while naked. ;)

12. Lou says:

That’s a lot of games on the completion list. I wish you the best of luck! P.S., start off with COD4 ;)

i’m not sure i agree with the whole commercialization idea of New Year, however. It’s never really been a present/card occasion as far as my friends and family are concerned though. It’s more of just a celebration than anything, and we British tend to celebrate almost anything (any chance to get into a pub and get steaming drunk, really).

13. Cat says:

Yeah, I’ve been playing Cod for a while. I’m stuck and it’s glitching on me, loading wrong checkpoints, etc. Very annoying.

Yeah, what about the fireworks though, the special things at most places where you have to spend like 50 quid just to get in? Admittedly it’s not as bad as Christmas, Mothers Day, etc, but still bad!

14. Sha says:

Ish. Naked Yoga? What the heck is that?

This is what the quiz said for me:

1) Get a pet skunk
    2) Eat more chocolate syrup
    3) Travel to Costa Rica
    4) Study artificial intelligence
    5) Get in shape with disco dancing

Now I can do 2 happily. 3. Maybe. 4. Sounds fun 5. I’m not a disco girl :P

15. silvercube says:

Finish Small Arms? That is a great xbox live arcade game!
    I was just playing it yesterday.
    Maybe you and I could play a few rounds sometime ^_^

16. Cat says:

No love for the pet skunk, Sha?

I;m not on LIve much these days, but I’d definitely be up for it *one day*. Sorry, that’s a little vague, I know! Just don’t do much constant gaming, more a few minutes here and there at the moment. :)

17. ish says:

@Sha: No idea about the naked yoga yet but I think it’s what Cat said. Do Yoga while you’re naked. I wonder how it’ll help more than clothed yoga.

Eat more chocolate syrup?! That’s insane. You’re gonna die of chocolate I tell you.

18. Sha says:

@Ish: Probably because you’re more in tune with the enviroment? And yes the perfect way to die :P

19. deckard47 says:

Thanks for the comment. It is a tricky career to be sure, I hope they make it. And by the way, the fitness and the friendliness should have been my New Year’s resolutions.

20. Cat says:

It definitely is, best of luck to you, deckard. :)

21. terry says:

I wouldn’t worry about Call of Juarez, but Outpost Kaloki X and The Godfather had me obsessed. I’m stuck in Heavy Weapon– have no idea what weapon config will keep me from getting toasted. Also, did you mean complete as in beat or as in “collect every little thing?”

22. Cat says:

Yeah, I did nearly fall asleep playing the first level of it! Infact I think I’m stll in the tutorial..

Outpost Kaloki is a great game, but I’m stuck on a level that I can’t get past.

And no, just completing the main game, getting to the end. 100%, haven’t done that in years nor ever seen it’s attracktion. I don’t like repetitiveness.

23. terry says:

Which level in Outpost Kaloki?

24. Cat says:

Almost ashamed to say I’m not too far in. Something about generating x amoung of electricity. Haven’t played the game in months though.

25. terry says:

Well, if you ever want a tip, drop me a line.

26. Cat says:

Will do, cheers for the offer. :)

27. johpan says:

Careful when playing The Orange Box. Team Fortress 2 is sucking a bit of time out of my schedule. I’ve been playing it on PC for a few months now and have no complaints. Portal’s really cute but was short. I’ve played though it 3 or 4 times. Still very enjoyable. I’m not very far in HL2EP2 though… sigh.

I noticed a bunch of driving games in your list. Might as well scratch NFS Most Wanted off the list if you have Carbon ahead of it unless you want storyline continuity. I still wouldn’t mind picking up Test Drive Unlimited but I really shouldn’t since I know I wouldn’t get off it. I need to get NFS ProStreet but lack the funds. That and Burnout Paradise looks so yummy.

Good luck with that list XD

28. Cat says:

Hey jophan, thanks for stopping by. :)

I remember trying Half Life when it was released back on the Xbox and not liking it [probably the only person in the world!]. I primarily bought the Orange Box to see what the fuss with Portal is about and it annoys me a lot. I’m only four levels in, but the voice is really driving me insane and I’m bored by it.. Give me something like Mass Effect any day!

Yeah, the driving games thing has only been coming through in the last year, I like NFS MW and wasn’t too impressed with Carbon. I do want to finishe MW one day, but there’s this stupid police chase I have to do… TDU I only bought a month ago and whilst I like the open worldness it’s also the thing I don’t like. It feels too open sometimes, too much of a chore to do stuff.

I was quite looking forward to both NFS ProStreet and Burnout Paradise, but didn’t like any of the demos. Probably a good thing, DiRT and PGR4 still want to be completed as well. :)

Thanks!

29. Zath says:

How are you getting on with completing your games? Or do we have to wait till the next blog banter before we get a hint of that?

My resolution of not buying new games till I’ve completed my current backlog is going well – not bought anymore and even thinking of selling more games that I don’t play.

30. Pingback: On game completion « carocat.co.uk

31. Jayson says:

I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from most recent information.

32. Get NFS: Hot Pursuit serial key for Origin, look this webpages and get a free copy.

Want to leave me a lovely comment? Please do!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s