The music of BioShock

I’m having an incredible amount of incoming searches for the BioShock music which is most likely due to the game finally being released on the PS3. I loved the game and I’m happy for everyone that now has a chance to play the game.

The Orchestral score was made available as a download on the ‘Cult of Rapture‘ site just after the 360 release last year. It is incredibly beautiful and I recommend everyone to download it. And whoever said no to free stuff?!

BioShock Orchestral score tracklist:

1. BioShock Main Theme (The Ocean on His Shoulders)
  2. Welcome to Rapture
  11. This Is Where They Sleep
  12. All Spliced Up

The limited edition of the 360 version also contains three tracks by Moby:

1. Beyond the Sea
  2. God Bless the Child
  3. Wild Little Sisters

The game furthermore uses a variety of songs from the era. I am so used to hearing them on BioShock that I’m unable to listen to them without being reminded of BioShock! The full list of licensed tracks is:

1. Django Reinhardt – La Mer (Beyond the Sea)
  2. The Ink Spots – If I Didn’t Care
  3. Noël Coward – The Party’s Over Now
  4. The Ink Spots – The Best Things in Life Are Free
  5. Django Reinhardt – It Had to Be You
  6. Bing Crosby – Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams
  7. Johnnie Ray – Just Walking in the Rain
  8. Bing Crosby – Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?
  9. The Andrews Sisters – Bei Mir Bist du Schön
  10. Django Reinhardt – Jitterbug Waltz
  11. Billie Holiday – Night and Day
  12. Django Reinhardt – Liza (As the Clouds Roll Away)
  13. Noël Coward – Twentieth Century Blues
  14. Django Reinhardt – Please Be Kind
  15. Bobby Darin – Beyond the Sea
  16. Pytor Llyich Tchaikovsky – Nutcracker Suite: Waltz of the Flowers
  17. Stanley Black – Academy Award
  18. Rosemary Clooney – It’s Bad for Me
  19. Perry Como – Papa Loves Mambo
  20. Billie Holiday – God Bless the Child
  21. Cole Porter – You’re the Top
  22. Mario Lanza – Danny Boy
  23. Patti Page – (How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window?
  24. Noël Coward – World Weary

Enjoy!

This entry was posted in BioShock, Blog, Classical Music, Community and Games, Music, PlayStation3, Soundtrack, Xbox360. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The music of BioShock

1. adam says:

oooo, awesome. just finally got a 360 to play the game on, and loving it.

2. Cat says:

Glad to hear you like it, it’s such an atmospheric game mainly due to the authentic music!

How far into the game are you?

3. adam says:

still pretty close to the beginning, life’s been to chaotic for much gaming.

4. Cat says:

Fair enough. Just make sure you turn the lights of when playing. ;)

5. Geoff says:

awesoooooome!!!! thanks for the music, been looking for them 4 ages :)

6. Cat says:

Glad you like it. :)

7. Pingback: Video Game soundtracks « carocat.co.uk

8. Graif says:

Hey. would it be possible that you upload the licensed tracks to a torrent site or something? I’ve been looking for those tracks for years (literally)

9. Cat says:

I’m afraid I can’t, it’s copyrighted content and illegal.

10. I’m curious to find out what blog platform you’re using?
    I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something
    more risk-free. Do you have any recommendations?

11. Katja says:

One of the extremely lucrative businesses women can go into
    is the creation of accessories. s no secret that illegal file sharing is still rampant in many countries, like the US, however, it may not be
    government interference that eventually leads on the end in the
    age of illegal downloads. Now, movies aren’t the only
    thing that piracy trackers allow links too.

12. http:// says:

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is a 2010 racing video game being developed.

Having some trouble deciding which would work
    best on your vehicle. good top end, a quick shifting gear box, great
    handling and just plain fun, but this car can sure be a handful.

Want to leave me a lovely comment? Please do!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s