How to: The BIG Twitter related link post!

It’s no secret to anyone that I love and use Twitter a lot. Some even say I abuse it, but that’s a whole different story! This post is a link post with ideas for applications, integrations, my guides and posts related to Twitter and a long list of people or sites everyone on Twitter should probably follow to.

Of course this list doesn’t mention the other brilliant people I follow on Twitter, including @cory_grimes, @CooperHawkes, @elibrody, @akaSylvia, @nomadikkitty, @raincoaster, @ruhi, @geekwrestler and many, many more!

Guides and reasons for using Twitter written by me:
Twitter revisited
Why you should give Twitter a try
How to: The Beginners Guide to Twitter

Applications I recommend:
Spaz [also brilliant via phone when mobile]

Sites that offer great Twitter integration:

People/accounts to follow:

Major Nelson – Xbox Programming manager
SixOkay [GeoW community manager]
fourzerotwo [COD4 community manager]

Companies and Games:
Sega America
Stargate Worlds, all about the Stargate MMO
SWTOR, all about the Star Wars MMO

Community sites:
Gamer Contests
FrugalGaming[Great gaming bargains for people in the UK]
[From the MTV gaming blog]
Cheap deals for US gamers
PS3 Evolved
Raptr, gaming stats and friends site
AddictedGamer, gaming site

Darren Waters, BBC tech journalist
Agent M, Marvel writer
Petra Bauer, German novelist

TV shows:
TheBluths, all about Arrested Development
DrHorrible news

The Large Hadron Collider!
The tower bridge
Pothos, a plant

Blogging related: news news
Six Apart
Lorelle on wordpress
Matt Mullenweg, Automattic co founder

Satscenes, a Twitter/photo project
NaNoWriMo updates

carocat, my main account
insomnicat, my link account

This entry was posted in Arrested Development, BioWare, Community and Games, Films and TV, Forums, Gears of War, How to, KotOR, Microsoft, Music, NaNoWriMo, PlayStation3, Podcast, Sony, Star Wars, Stargate, TV Shows, Twitter,, Xbox, Xbox Live, Xbox360. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to How to: The BIG Twitter related link post!

1. sulz says:

goodness, you may as well start a twitter directory at tumblr or a new twitter account. :lol: i like the one where ‘god’ twitters, which i found through raincoaster’s twit, naturally.

2. Cat says:

Hehe, I do mention Twitter a bit too much. I think five people only signed up so I’d shut up about it!

And yeah, I followed those a while, but now that I follow over 300 people I’ve moved to more real people instead. :)

Not to say God isn’t real, this isn’t meant to spark a religious debate!

3. sulz says:

regardless of the concept of god’s existence, i think it’s very highly unlikely he’d be twittering. ;)

4. Cat says:

Who knows of the ways God works.. ;)

5. Ruhi says:

Great post Cat! (and thank you for mentioning me ;)

Not sure if you know about Shekhar Kapoor (director of the movie Elizabeth)- he’s on Twitter too. And of course, we have @fakejohnmccain and @fakesarahpalin who provided excellent comic relief during US Presidential elections ;)

I’m growing fond of Twitter day by day. In fact, I keep reading Tweets using Twitterfox at work. Your tweets keep me highly entertained. And yeah, that’s a compliment.

6. Cat says:

You’re very welcome. :)

Nope, I didn’t know he was, but then again I didn’t know who he was either even though Elisabeth counts as one of my favourite films!

I’m glad you like Twitter, it makes me feel better for constantly badgering you and others, like @sparc.

As for my tweets being entertaining, well, let’s just leave it at that! Haha!

7. B0bbyG says:

Wow, you’ve posted a lot about Twitter! I should probably give it a try.

Happy New Year!!

8. sulz says:

oh, do, bobby. twitter is growing on me. :)

9. Cat says:

You’ve joined Twitter! Awesome! :D

I do recommend downloading the Spaz application I linked to as it’s much better than the web interface. :)

10. K8 says:

John Cleese and a Hadron Collider

Cosmic!!! Thanks :)

*wanders off to investigate Spaz*

11. Cat says:

Great to see you’re on Twitter! :)

12. Kirk M says:

Hi Cat,

You never cease to amaze me with these awesome and in depth posts of yours and I’m sure to make use of this one for sure. I’m socialaphobic you know so I joined Twitter and resuscitated my old Facebook in an effort to further myself blah, blah, blah, blah….

Either way, I still can’t make heads or tails as to how either one works, especially Twitter, so I’ve set myself out to learn even if it fills my life with misery and woe. Thanks to you, the learning process will be that much easier.

13. Cat says:

Did you take a look at my beginner’s guide?

Or Twitter itself:

And what’s your Twitter account name? :)

14. Kirk M says:

I haven’t had the chance to look at anything yet since my wife and I spent the day taking pictures of her latest quilts (need to get them online) but I definitely intend to.

And my Twitter moniker is kmb42vt. Can’t say that I’ve been updating much but I’ll try and do better…I promise…okay…I don’t promise but I’ll try anyway. :D

15. Cat says:

You’ve had a Twitter account since beginning of December and never told me?! I’m disappointed! If you have any Twitter questions, feel free to ask!

And sounds like you had a busy day!

16. Twitter does seem to be getting a lot more popular these days. I don’t really see the point of it myself. It is interesting to see how you are using though.

17. Cat says:

Well, you know, there’s something in it for everyone. Just give it a try. :)

18. fgjfgj says:

jghkhjljh;lng a lot more popular these days. I don’t really see the point of it myself. It is interesting to see how you are using though.

Want to leave me a lovely comment? Please do!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s