In addition to today being May 1st which is a public holiday in many countries, it is also Friday which brings us to yet another edition of TwitLight and the chance for all of you to meet @tartanink!
Sometimes it’s strange how the internet works and how you get to meet people. Back in February I came across a post by @garymurning in the WordPress.com forums about Twitter and, after some comments on his post we followed each other on Twitter. Some weeks later during #followfriday, he recommended both me and @tartanink and we ended up following each other.
At our recommendation she moved her blog from Blogger to WordPress.com and I exchanged some emails with her trying to get it all set up. And here we are, some chance meeting via someone I only met by chance, too. She takes amazing pictures as evident by the woodland picture below.
So wait a bit more with the partying or whatever else you have planned today and meet @tartanink and considering today is Friday or rather #followfriday, why not follow her?
1. Where are you from?
South West Scotland.
2. How old are you?
Eh, Fifty … wish it was less, but that’s what time seems to do to you.
3. What do you do for a living?
Trying to be a writer, as in … a published one.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Tartan-, as in Scottish, and -ink for the writing.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
I did want to be a vet, but I can’t stand blood!
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
Catalyst by Anna Nalick.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Yes. I prefer Deezer, when it works right, but have also igned up to Spotify.com.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
Shadows of the Workhouse by Jennifer Worth. I’ve also got the monsterous 1237pg Ken Follett to get round to some time. Think I need to find a desert island first!
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
None – only Tetris on the web which is addictive enough.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
Sunny actually, for a change. It is Scotland after all!
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
To keep working on my blog – and fit in ‘normal’ things.
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
Don’t have aspirations in that department I’m afraid, I’d be best somewhere behind the scenes organising their scripts or something!
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
Eh, don’t know – see above in a similar sort of way – something where I could organise things in an admin way I suppose. I’m good on lists.
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
Yes def. My husband says it’s best not to talk to me in the morning. And, I’m happy to just be left on my own for a while to do my own thing … usually a cup of tea and a book.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
From the beginning of Feb this year. But I didn’t really get the concept of it until the beginning of March, and then it sucked me in.
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
Has to be PC as I’ve never used a Mac.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Def ice cream, preferably with crumbled flake mixed in.
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am tired and I was frustrated, but now I’m contented, because it all turned out alright.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
I am primarily a writer who is desperate to find an agent with a view to being published – that’s the dream anyway.
I’m getting into gardening again after a lot of years away from it, and trying to grow my own vegetables.
I also like to take lots of digital photos. I don’t really know why, as they only end up as my screensaver. I’ll put some on my blog, that’s a good place for them.
When I’m writing I like to stay up late, when everyone’s gone to bed. I get the headphones on and a playlist up. Although I do have my ‘mellow’ moments, see song above I also, surprisingly given my age as some might think like a good heavy bass beat Like some of Gigi D’Agostino, who I discovered on Deezer.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
Telling people I’m going to be a granny soon oh no, that sounds so old!
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
23. Any more comments?
I think this is a brilliant idea and look forward to learning a lot of interesting facts about people I might just go on to follow, well done you for thinking it up.
Thank you very much for taking part!