It’s Monday which means it’s time for TwitLight and seeing I’ve spent most of the day reading a book, this is posted a little bit late..
Today’s TwitLight is someone who takes no prisoners, has plenty of attitude, but is also a real nice guy. Well, mostly, anyway! It’s @GeminiAce!
I came across him sometimes last year as we both followed the same kind of people and both liked Gamehounds podcast which reminds me, have you read @CooperHawkes’ TwitLight yet? He’s a generally funny guy with a good sense of humour, he’s great on Twitter and I suggest you follow him! Oh and in case you wanted to know how long his e-Penis is:
Maybe I shouldn’t tell him mine’s 18.1cm! ;)
Please stop what you’re doing and meet @GeminiAce!
1. Where are you from?
Fort Worth, Texas.
2. How old are you?
33 until May 22nd.
3. What do you do for a living?
As little as possible. No, seriously (is this thing on?) I work as a contractor for BNSF Railroad. I’m in the Asset Management department. I’m essentially a glorified data entry operator. Wow, that sounds boring.
4. What does your alias/nickname mean and how did you come up with it?
Well, I’m a gemini, so that part was easy. When I was playing a bunch of Crimson Skies on the Xbox, I added Ace to it since I was a flying ace. When it came time to make a gamertag, I used Gemini Ace and the rest is history. Super-interesting history.
5. What do you want to be when you grow up and has that changed at all since you were little?
I’ve never known what career I wanted. I’ve always just wanted to do stuff like play games, read comics, or write. Unfortunately, I don’t have any idea how to monetize those things.
6. What song are you thinking about right now?
Phantom Planet is playing right this minute. I love their latest album, Raise The Dead.
7. Do you have a Last.fm profile?
Do I?! Uh, yea. Link.
8. What are you reading at the moment? [Book, magazine, website, Wikipedia article..]
Reading PlatformNation.com at the moment.
9. Which video game are you playing these days and is it as good as you thought it would be? [provided you play video games that is!]
I just recently finished Halo Wars. It was as good as I had hoped, albeit a little short. I still need to finish the Gears of War 2 campaign, not to mention SFIV and Rock Band 2.
10. What is the weather like at the moment?
I assume it’s sunny. I got no windows.
11. What are your plans for the rest of the day?
Finish work, then go home and unpack. We moved recently and I can’t find anything!
12. If you could replace anyone in any TV show, who would you pick?
Probably Jerry Seinfeld because he dated some really hot chicks on his show.
13. If you had the chance to work on the Enterprise [Star Trek ship!], what job would you have?
I would wear a red shirt and hope for the best.
14. Seeing that I’m a grumpy person in the morning I’ve realised I can’t live with people that are overly happy as soon as they wake up. Would you be a good flatmate?
I think I would. I’m no ray of sunshine in the morning either. Unless it’s Saturday and I can sleep in.
16. How long have you been on Twitter for and when did you realise you were sucked in by it?
I know it’s been over 2 years. Might be closer to 3. I didn’t really get it at first. Then I started following cool people like @JVB and @Avid_X. Probably took 6 months for the full addiction to kick in. Now I can’t shake the habbit. Help me, @DrDrew!
17. Settle this question for me: PC or Mac?
PC. Mac’s are too expensive. That being said, I wouldn’t know how to live without my iPhone.
18. And another one: ice cream or cake?
Cake. Ice cream is too cold!
19. Fill this out however you want: “Today I am ____ and I ____, but ____, because ____.”
Today I am tired and I want to go home, but can’t because I gotta get paid.
20. What do you want everyone to know about you, who are you, what makes you tick? [aka describe yourself]
I love my wife, my family, and my dogs. Most everything I say is a joke and shouldn’t be taken seriously (except that…and that…and that…).
My wife and I have a son on the way. She’s due in June.
21. What is the last thing that you’ve felt proud about?
I’m proud of the new place we moved into recently. It’s really nice and should be great for the baby.
22. If I wanted to stalk you on the internet where would I have to go?
Where do I start? Ok, here goes…
- My blog is at GeminiAce.com.
- My podcast is at UncannyGamers.com.
- I write for PlatformNation.com.
- I’m on Twitter (of course) as @GeminiAce.
- I’m on Flickr at GeminiAce.
- My YouTube channel is at GeminiAce.
- Xbox Live as Gemini Ace.
- PSN as GeminiAce.
- MySpace is at rizzane.
- Facebook me.
- My Blip.fm is here.
- My Mugshow is here.
I think that’s it. I sign up for everything because I’m dumb. lol!
23. Any more comments?
I’d hit it.
You’re awesome, thanks for taking part!