I have been knitting a fair bit in the last year, even though that’s not necessarily reflected in my Ravelry profile which I’m finding quite difficult to keep updated!
Projects I have completed since October:
- A blue scarf for my housemate as a Christmas present.
- A green scarf as a present for a friend which, as it turns out, is very much like the Starbucks green!
- A red scarf for another friend of mine.
- A pink scarf which I’ve since started unravelling again and started knitting again more narrowly [cutting down from 32 stitches to 16].
Projects I’ve started since October:
- A set of green wristers, though I’ve abandoned that attempt for now!
- A grey/purple staggered scarf.
So there is a distinct pattern there – scarves.
I learned how to knit when I was younger and I don’t know what any of the two stitches I know how to do are called so doing patterns is quite difficult for me. Most of my knitting is because I’m enjoying it whilst doing other things, like talking on the phone to a friend, meeting friends for a coffee or watching TV, so for the time being I’m fairly content with just doing the same thing over and over again, especially as I’ve now started resorting to different colour patterns.
There are some things I’m planning to knit in the future though not necessarily this year:
- Sackboy [Ravelry link]
- Beret [Ravelry link]
- Giraffe [Ravelry link]
- Mouse [Ravelry link]
- Wristers [Ravelry link] or maybe these [Ravelry link] again.
- Coffee sleeve [Ravelry link]
My big project for the rest of the year, however, will be a blanket. In reality I think it will take me longer than just this year to do as I’m planning a 200x150cm blanket with multicoloured squares each 20×20 stitches. Updates on that to follow!
I’ve also finally done something with my knitting page. It includes my Ravelry profile, profile description and various knitting pictures though I will have to take some more of recently completed work.