#In2009 is a hashtag that’s been popular on Twitter the past few days and it’s been interesting to see what other people have done in 2009. I posted a tweet as well, but feel like I want to elaborate a bit more. My tweet:
#In2009 I moved back to Reading #rdg and realised a lot about myself. I think I’m finally growing up! #
There are a few more things to mention, but they’re all a bit more detailed:
- In 2009 I spent the first half in Germany and the second half in England.
- In 2009 I worked in a variety of jobs, including a cafe [with some rubbish coworkers!] and web based support.
- In 2009 I realised that the town I’ve chosen to spend most of my adult life [Reading] is the best place to move back to. And it was the right decision.
- In 2009 I made some decisions which weren’t easy yet had to be made. At the end of the year I’m still finding myself struggle with some.
- In 2009 I reconnected with some old friends I hadn’t had much contact to in years due to moving around and job changes. It’s all been part of the ‘growing up’ process and realising what I wanted most in life. Now, months later, it’s definitely been the best decision. New friends are great, but old friends know you better.
- In 2009 I went through highs and lows with some friendships and some are continuing to be hard work. I’m grateful for some new friends helping me with those.
- In 2009 I briefly moved back into a houseshare I still consider the best one to date. I then moved out and one of them moved in with me. And the dog.
- In 2009 I somewhat mixed internet with real life even more than I had done the years before which brought and continues to bring its own problems with it. *sigh*
- In 2009 I met many great people in Reading via the Reading Tweetup [#rdgtweetup] and the Reading Twestival.
- In 2009 I attempted NaNoWriMo again. And failed. Of course that’s not the only thing that I didn’t finish/continue. Remember TwitLight? Yeah..
- In 2009 I won quite a few things, including games and vouchers!
- In 2009 @leocomerlato made me an awesome video for my birthday!
- In 2009 I was strugggling getting a new passport. I still haven’t got it!
- In 2009 I got angry with some people in the gaming community. There are several repercussions that event had for me, including wishing I had started my own site many moons ago and not wishing to interact with any communities any more. I’ve since stayed away from other gaming communities as I can’t be bothered with all the OMGinternetDRAMA any more..
- In 2009 I saw people on stilts dressed up in medieval clothes!
- In 2009 I read some books.
- In 2009 I played some games.
- In 2009 I knitted some things.
- In 2009 I took some photos.
- In 2009 I tumblred much more than I blogged!
- In 2009 I watched some TV, too. Including 24, The Apprentice and Law and Order UK. Not to mention all the shows I didn’t post about!
- In 2009 I got very angry with the German Killerspiele debate which spawned three posts. One, two and three.
- In 2009 I realised a lot about the music I’m listening to.
- In 2009 I realised just how brilliant Twitter can be. For example with setting up an iPod or random exchanges about Nutella! Not to mention all the things I’ve yet to post about that are sitting in my drafts..
And I also just realised that I really will need to blog more frequently to make these things easier. My memory isn’t all that any more!
On to twenty-ten!